AMERICAN EMPIRE STYLE FURNITURE : BUY BERNHARDT FURNITURE.
American Empire Style Furniture
- The American Empire series is a trilogy of alternate history novels by Harry Turtledove. It follows How Few Remain and the Great War trilogy, and is part of the Timeline-191 series. It takes the Timeline-191 Earth from 1917 to 1941.
- American empire (American imperialism) is a term referring to the political, economic, military and cultural influence of the United States. The concept of an American Empire was first popularized in the aftermath of the Spanish-American War of 1898.
- Ghost in the Shell takes place in a cyberpunk version of Earth in the near future. The series focuses on Japan but several other nations figure prominently in some stories.
- Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
- A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
- Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
- Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
- A way of using language
- manner: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- A way of painting, writing, composing, building, etc., characteristic of a particular period, place, person, or movement
- make consistent with a certain fashion or style; "Style my hair"; "style the dress"
- A manner of doing something
- designate by an identifying term; "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
american empire style furniture - Neo Nepal
Neo Nepal Gold / Black Empire Oriental Rug Size: Runner 2'6" x 6'
INN001GO/BK2.6X6 Size: Runner 2'6" x 6' Oriental Rug with a Hand Knotted Construction Offering artistic, modern designs in gorgeous rich color palettes, the rugs in the Neo Nepal collection feature patterns that are carefully coordinated to complement today's sophisticated, contemporary decors. Each rug in the Neo Nepal collection is masterfully hand knotted in China with 100pct wool. Any of the contemporary, transitional, country / floral or novelty / theme rugs in the Neo Nepal collection will surely add a dramatic accent to your intended decor. Features: -Hand knotted in China with either pure wool or a wool and silk blend -Artistic, modern designs in gorgeous rich color palettes -Patterns carefully coordinated to complement today's contemporary decors -Available in the following sizes: 4' x 6', 6' x 9', 8' x 10', 9' x 12', Runner 2'6'' x 6, Runner 2'6'' x 8 Note: Please be aware that actual colors may vary from those shown on your screen. Accent rugs may also not show the entire pattern that the corresponding area rugs have. Additionally, rugs 8' x 10' and larger may ship Truck Freight.
Brunswick Railroad Station, 100 South Maple Street Brunswick, MD 21716, built 1907, style: Queen Anne
Brunswick is a passenger rail station on the MARC Brunswick Line between Washington, D.C. and Martinsburg, West Virginia. The station house, located at 100 South Maple Street in Brunswick, Maryland, is a former Baltimore and Ohio Railroad depot that is a contributing property to the Brunswick Historic District, which has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since August 29, 1979. Amtrak's Blue Ridge previously served the station, and have since dropped the stop from its timetables. The Brunswick station was the last station in the CSX System to have a human ticket agent. Commuters, retirees and old friends trooped through the red-shingled, Queen Anne-style station — which has stood at its current location since 1907. The original town was situated between the tracks of the B&O Railroad, and the C&O Canal. Both the B&O Railroad and the C&O canal came to the town the same year, 1834. In 1907 the B&O Railroad yards were completed, East bound and West bound to make up trains. This yard was the largest and busiest such railroad yard in the world. Today Brunswick is a city with more than 5000 residents. It is a major stop on the Maryland Rail Commuter (MARC) Train line to Washington, D.C. Many professional people reside here. The town has modern facilities for its citizens: a fire company and Ambulance service, fine schools and churches, doctors and dentists, a modern library, a new community center, several parks, fishing and boating on the Potomac River, C&O Canal towpath, many public service organizations, and a fine museum with one of the largest model train layouts on the east coast. American Queen Anne style In the United States, the so-called "Queen Anne style" is loosely used of a wide range of picturesque buildings with "free Renaissance" (non-Gothic Revival) details rather than of a specific formulaic style in its own right. "Queen Anne", as an alternative both to the French-derived Second Empire and the less "domestic" Beaux-Arts architecture, is broadly applied to architecture, furniture and decorative arts of the period 1880 to 1910; some "Queen Anne" architectural elements, such as the wraparound front porch, continued to be found into the 1920s. The Carson Mansion, located in Eureka, California, is widely considered to be one of the highest executions of American Queen Anne style. The gabled and domestically scaled, "Queen Anne" style arrived in New York City with the new housing for the New York House and School of Industry Sidney V. Stratton, architect, 1878). Distinctive features of American Queen Anne style (rooted in the English style) may include an asymmetrical facade; dominant front-facing gable, often cantilevered out beyond the plane of the wall below; overhanging eaves; round, square, or polygonal tower(s); shaped and Dutch gables; a porch covering part or all of the front facade, including the primary entrance area; a second-story porch or balconies; pedimented porches; differing wall textures, such as patterned wood shingles shaped into varying designs, including resembling fish scales, terra cotta tiles, relief panels, or wooden shingles over brickwork, etc.; dentils; classical columns; spindle work; oriel and bay windows; horizontal bands of leaded windows; monumental chimneys; painted balustrades; and wooden or slate roofs. Front gardens often had wooden fences.
Butlers Desk / Sideboard - Eastman House
Butlers desk / sideboard (ca, 1835) is located in the second floor hallway at the George Eastman House. It is authentic to George Eastman. Now a little bit of info: Eastman chose mahogany for most of the public rooms in his home. This mahogany butlers desk, which features crotch mahogany veneer on its center section, is typical of the American Empire style furniture favored by Eastman. It has Greek Doric columns on each side and the marquetry on the small inside drawers demonstrates a Gothic influence. There is no evidence that this desk was used by Mr. Eastman's butler; it was probably used in one of the bedrooms or sitting rooms on the second or third floor. All the solid brass hardware is reproduction and was made in England. Hepplewhite oval plate handles in the shape of lions heads adorn the desk and side drawers, and the top three drawers have matching lion-head knobs. ------ Butlers desk is a term used in the United States to describe a cupboard with three drawers in the frieze (the decorative border), a central writing drawer with a hinged front, and central and side drawers or shelves for storage. This type of desk is sometimes referred to as a butlers sideboard if the drawers on the sides are deeper. It was often the case that butlers used the drawers of these sideboards to hold personal possessions. Located at 900 East Ave in Rochester, NY.
american empire style furniture
WallMonkeys wall graphics are printed on the highest quality re-positionable, self-adhesive fabric paper. Each order is printed in-house and on-demand. WallMonkeys uses premium materials & state-of-the-art production technologies. Our white fabric material is superior to vinyl decals. You can literally see and feel the difference. Our wall graphics apply in minutes and won't damage your paint or leave any mess. PLEASE double check the size of the image you are ordering prior to clicking the 'ADD TO CART' button. Our graphics are offered in a variety of sizes and prices.
WallMonkeys are intended for indoor use only.
Printed on-demand in the United States Your order will ship within 3 business days, often sooner. Some orders require the full 3 days to allow dark colors and inks to fully dry prior to shipping. Quality is worth waiting an extra day for!
Removable and will not leave a mark on your walls.
'Fotolia' trademark will be removed when printed.
Our catalog of over 10 million images is perfect for virtually any use: school projects, trade shows, teachers classrooms, colleges, nurseries, college dorms, event planners, and corporations of all size.