HALF BATH DECORATING IDEAS. KIDS BATHROOM WALL DECOR. TUSCAN PARTY DECOR.
Half Bath Decorating Ideas
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- Also called a powder room, a half-bath contains a toilet and a sink but no bathtub or shower stall.
- a bathroom consisting of a toilet and a sink only. Common installations are within Town Home units on the lower floor.
- A bathroom without a bath or a shower.
- A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action
- A concept or mental impression
- An opinion or belief
- (idea) the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- (idea) mind: your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- (idea) a personal view; "he has an idea that we don't like him"
half bath decorating ideas - Victorio VKP1055
Victorio VKP1055 Stainless Steel Dual-Use Steam or Water Bath Canner
Can't decide between water bath and steam canning? The Victorio stainless steel dual use canner can do both! Innovative canning rack allows you to use the same canner for both water bath and steam canning jobs. Built-in thermometer with three color-coded elevation settings eliminates guesswork and makes timing a snap. Large stainless steel 24-quart liquid capacity pot can be used as normal stock pot when canning season is over. Water bath capacity: 8 pints or 7 quarts. Steam capacity: 9-pints, 8-quarts, or 5-half-gallons. Not recommended for use on smooth top ranges. Heavy weight with prolonged high heat can damage some flat cooktops. Important: Steam canners and water-bath canners are not recommended for canning low-acid foods. Please consult a reliable guide before canning.
Unitarian Church, St Stephen's Green, Dublin
A short history of the Unitarian Church, St Stephen's Green, Dublin. Who are the Unitarians? Unitarians are people of liberal religious outlook who are united by a common search for meaning and truth. Although of Christian origin and still following the teaching of Christ as a great and godly leader, Unitarianism today also seeks insight from other religions and philosophies. Individual beliefs within our religious community are quite diverse, and personal religious development is seen as a continuing process. We see religious beliefs as relevant to all aspects of life. Our services of worship can be viewed as the celebration of our deepest values. Unitarianism has no set doctrines or dogmas. The broad beliefs of Irish Unitarians are summed up in the introductory statement in the Dublin church’s monthly calendar, under the three central Unitarian principles of freedom, reason and tolerance. This statement reads: “Love is the doctrine of this church. The quest for truth is its sacrament, and service is its prayer. To dwell together in peace, to seek knowledge in freedom, to serve mankind in fellowship, to the end that all souls shall grow in harmony with the Divine – thus do we covenant with each other and with God.” The Puritan roots THE congregation which assembles in this church every Sunday can trace its descent back to English Puritans who arrived in Ireland at the end of the 16th and early 17th centuries. They took the view that the reformation of the Christian Church under Queen Elizabeth I – the breakaway from Roman Catholicism to form Anglicanism – was incomplete, and its hierarchies and practices remained corrupt and unscriptural. The earliest such congregation we know about was formed in Bandon, Co Cork, probably in the early 1700s. In this way, ironically, the seeds of Unitarianism in Ireland were Puritan ones, and thus a very long way indeed from the thinking of the present day congregation. What distinguished these early Dissenters – and made them comparable to their contemporary Unitarian counterparts – was their independence of mind and their willingness to challenge religious orthodoxies. At first, the English Puritans who came to Munster and Leinster, and the much greater number of Scottish Presbyterians who came to Ulster as part of the ‘plantation’ of the North, were generally tolerated within the established Anglican Church - although they were persecuted in the years leading up to the English Civil War. After the parliamentary side won that war, they flourished during the Cromwellian period. However all this changed following the restoration of the English monarchy in 1660, the parallel restoration of the established episcopal churches and the passing of the Acts of Uniformity in England and Ireland, making the Book of Common Prayer compulsory at all places of worship. As had happened in England, a number of Anglican Church ministers left and formed their own Dissenting or Nonconformist congregations. In Dublin, these were at Wood Street, New Row, Cook Street and Capel Street. Other breakaway congregations were formed in Tipperary town and Clonmel. Thus the passing of the Act of Uniformity led to the creation of a separate religious identity, that of Protestant Dissent, which absorbed the earlier Puritan ethos and became the main root from which Irish Unitarianism was to grow. Many such congregations were also established in Ulster, where the first planters from the Scottish lowlands had brought their Puritan ministers with them, and the first presbytery, the non-hierarchical gathering of elders which is the organisational base of Presbyterianism, was formed in 1642. Thus was organised Presbyterianism in Ireland born, out of which, in the following two centuries, emerged the ‘Non-Subscribing’ liberal Presbyterians, the Northern cousins of today's Dublin Unitarian congregation. The first Protestant Dissenting congregation for which authentic records can be found was in Wood Street (near the site of the former Adelaide Hospital), where a church was opened for public worship in 1673. This new church was attended by many wealthy families and people in influential positions in government and the professions: in 1710 it was able to contribute the huge sum – for those days – of ?6,750 to a fund for “the support of religion in Dublin and the South of Ireland”. It was led by pastors with international reputations, such as John Owen, Stephen Charnock and Joseph Boyse. The latter was particularly famous for his championing of those who disagreed with the restrictive religious orthodoxies of the day. The coming of Unitarianism During the first half of the 18th century a reluctance to accept the doctrine of the Trinity began to appear in some religious thought and writing. This was not yet called Unitarianism, but Arianism, after a Christian priest who lived in Alexandria during the 4th century and preached that Christ was not of one substance with God. Arianism was regarded
Cavalier Hotel at Night - Virginia Beach, Virginia
The Hotel That Made Virginia Beach Famous For over 80 years, The Cavalier has been the hotel that made Virginia Beach famous. Founded in 1927, the hotel has attracted a wide range of guests and celebrities, including Dwight D. Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, and five other US Presidents. The Cavalier was used as a naval training center during World War II and its Director of Guest Services, Carlos Wilson, who has worked for the hotel since 1938, remembers the joyous celebration the night the War ended. Construction Begins It was 1926. The days of the Charleston, Calvin Coolidge, and The Cavalier. The roaring 20s were well underway when the idea came about for an unsurpassable resort to be built in beautiful Virginia Beach. As strong financial backing helped the idea become reality, the local newspaper ran a contest to name the new hotel. The names were narrowed down to the Algonquin, the Linkhorn, the Crystal, the Sea Pine, and The Cavalier. On March 5, 1926, The Cavalier prevailed as the official name, and the clearing of the land for the hotel and adjoining 18-hole golf course continued. Months later, on May 9, Mayor Tyler of Norfolk spoke at the ground breaking, setting in place the corner stone of The Cavalier.It took 13 months of steady labor to build the hotel. At times, there were as many as 225 men on the job. But in all that construction, there was not a single casualty. The building was constructed of cement-covered steel, making it fireproof before the term "fireproof" was even invented. The men then laid in place more than half a million bricks. At the time, it was the most bricks ever used in a single building in the state of Virginia. When the Cavalier Golf Course was completed, it was 6060 yards in all, with some holes modeled after the famous North Berwick and St. Andrews in Scotland, and Chicago's golf club at Fox Chapel. A beautiful sunken garden was planted on the South Side of The Cavalier. Its flowers were used to decorate each guest's room, as well as the dining room and lobby. In all, The Cavalier originally consisted of 195 guest rooms and 350 acres (290 acres of golf course and 60 acres of hotel property) Even from the start, The Cavalier set the very highest standards of quality. The Hotel OpensOn April 4-9, 1927, a grand ceremonious opening for The Cavalier was held. The grand style of hostelry had returned to Virginia Beach. Ben Bernie Band played for the festivities, and received congratulation telegrams from Sophie Tucker and Al Jolson. Around the same time, the Norfolk & Western Railroad new gasoline powered train named "The Cavalier" took its maiden voyage down its run from Cleveland to Norfolk. Its motto was, "The Cavalier to The Cavalier". More mid-Westerners flocked to Virginia Beach in June when a Norfolk & Western Pullman coach began nonstop travel from Chicago to The Cavalier's private depot.The Cavalier's armada of limousines would also pick up guests from the steamship lines and railroad stations and bring them to the hotel. During the Prohibition, these same limos were used in the evening to take guests for a little discreet gambling and drinking at the sedate clubs nearby, The Links, the Dunes, and the Gables. On ground, The Cavalier's Hunt Room served as a private men's club for hunters. Guests' hunting dogs could be kept on the hotel grounds, and fish and game caught by guests would be taken to the kitchen to be prepared for dinner. After dinner, the men could join the ladies for a dance in the ballroom. The rooms had every amenity available at the time. Each bathtub at The Cavalier had a fourth handle for salt water. In 1927, many people believed that sea water was medically beneficial. Most women loved how their complexion looked and felt after a sea water bath. As for the sinks, each had an ice water spigot on it. Refrigeration as we know it today did not exist. The only way known to refrigerate then was with blocks of ice. On the roof of the hotel, a large wooden tub contained ice blocks and water. Gravity would cause the water to flow to the rooms, and cold water was achieved. The hotel's swimming pool was filled with filtered ocean water until the mid-70s.The lower lobby of the new hotel was filled with an amazing array of shops. Guests could get their hair cut, shop for dresses, purchase medicine and gifts, and get a scoop of ice cream. A doctor also kept office in the lobby, as well as a commercial photographer. However, the most unique shop in The Cavalier was a stock brokerage office, which had a ticker tape directly from the New York Stock Exchange. For the guests who arrived in their Rolls Royces and Essexes, the hotel set aside a dining room off the lobby solely for their chauffeurs.The radio station WSEA was also located in the hotel. WSEA was the third station in America to broadcast coast to coast. And that broadcast came live from The Cavalier. On June 10, 1927, Mayor Tyler of Norfolk, radioing f
half bath decorating ideas
Bath & Body Works® Signature Collection Shower Gel Black Amethyst - Signature Shower Gel is newly supercharged with benefits that make it the world's best daily luxury. It has been reformulated to provide the ultimate shower experience, pampering you with a luxurious lather of moisturizing aloe vera and nourishing oils. It gently cleanses, softens and fragrances your skin. * Eclusive Black Amethyst fragrance is a hypnotic scent, inspired by chic, sensual and confident women * Key fragrance notes: Italian Bergamot, Rare Camellias, Exotic Sandalwood, Vetiver * Enjoy in the shower or bath 10 oz