Published and Accepted Papers:
- Chandra, Ambarish and Ulrich Kaiser, "Newspapers and Magazines", in The Handbook of Media Economics, Simon Anderson, David Stromberg and Joel Waldfogel eds., Elsevier, November 2015. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish, Keith Head and Mariano Tappata, "The Economics of Cross-Border Travel," Review of Economics and Statistics, 96(4), 648-661, October 2014. PDF and Online Appendix. Note: this paper was formerly titled "Consumer Arbitrage Across a Porous Border."
- Chandra, Ambarish and Ulrich Kaiser, "Targeted Advertising in Magazine Markets and the Advent of the Internet," Management Science, 60(7), 1829-1843, July 2014. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish and Mariano Tappata, (2011) "Consumer Search and Dynamic Price Dispersion: An Application to Gasoline Markets," Rand Journal of Economics, 42(4), 681-704. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish, Sumeet Gulati and Milind Kandlikar, (2010), "Green Drivers or Free Riders? An Analysis of Tax Rebates for Hybrid Vehicles," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 60(2), 78-93. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish and Allan Collard-Wexler, (2009), "Mergers in Two-Sided Markets: An Application to the Canadian Newspaper Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy 18(4), 1045-1070. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish (2009), "Targeted Advertising: The Role of Subscriber Characteristics in Media Markets," Journal of Industrial Economics 57(1), 58-84. PDF
- "How Does Advertising Depend on Competition? Evidence from U.S. Brewing" (with Matthew Weinberg), June 2015. PDF (submitted)
- "Revisiting the Relationship between Competition and Price Discrimination in the Airline Industry" (with Mara Lederman), May 2015. PDF (submitted)
- "Who Loses When Prices Are Negotiated? An Analysis of the New Car Market" (with Sumeet Gulati and James Sallee), April 2015. PDF and Online Appendix (submitted)
- "The Effect of Porter Airlines' Expansion" (with Mara Lederman), March 2014. PDF
Work in Progress:
- "The Airline Industry in Canada", with Mara Lederman. Funded by SSHRC Insight Grant, 2013-2016.
- "Airport Competition at the US-Canada border", with Mara Lederman.
- "How Wide is the Border? A New Perspective on Travel".