Published and Accepted Papers:
- Chandra, Ambarish and Ulrich Kaiser, "Targeted Advertising in Magazine Markets and the Advent of the Internet," Management Science, Forthcoming. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish, Keith Head and Mariano Tappata, "The Economics of Cross-Border Travel," Review of Economics and Statistics, Forthcoming. PDF and Online Appendix. Note: this paper was formerly titled "Consumer Arbitrage Across a Porous Border."
- Chandra, Ambarish and Mariano Tappata, (2011) "Consumer Search and Dynamic Price Dispersion: An Application to Gasoline Markets," Rand Journal of Economics, 42(4), 681-704. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish, Sumeet Gulati and Milind Kandlikar, (2010), "Green Drivers or Free Riders? An Analysis of Tax Rebates for Hybrid Vehicles," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 60(2), 78-93. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish and Allan Collard-Wexler, (2009), "Mergers in Two-Sided Markets: An Application to the Canadian Newspaper Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy 18(4), 1045-1070. PDF
- Chandra, Ambarish (2009), "Targeted Advertising: The Role of Subscriber Characteristics in Media Markets," Journal of Industrial Economics 57(1), 58-84. PDF
- "Newspapers and Magazines" (with Ulrich Kaiser), Draft Chapter for The Handbook of Media Economics, Simon Anderson, Joel Waldfogel and David Stromberg eds, Elsevier. PDF
- "Competition and Price Discrimination when Consumers are Heterogeneous on Multiple Dimensions" (with Mara Lederman). August 2014. PDF
- "The Gender Gap in Price Negotiations: Evidence from New Car Sales" (with Sumeet Gulati and James Sallee), March 2014. PDF
- "The Effect of Porter Airlines' Expansion" (with Mara Lederman), March 2014. PDF
Work in Progress:
- "Competition in the Airline Industry: A New Perspective from Canada" (with Mara Lederman). Funded by SSHRC Insight Grant, 2013-2016.
- "Mergers and Advertising" (with Matthew Weinberg) pdf