I am a Technical Product Manager at Rackspace
I am currently a enterprise windows system administrator II at Rackspace.
previously I was a senior systems analyst for ARAMARK Higher Education. What that actually meant was that I spent my days:
- Working with an external hosting provider to maintain our production environments
- Creating and deploying code and database builds
- Working to maintain Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Personal Information (PI) compliance in our environments
- Managing Active Directory (AD) for the lab and production environments
- And a little bit of everything else (for example, managing our google for domain accounts, helping everyone understand and implement google analytics tracking, answering marketing's questions about social media)
Working with VMware Server 2 in my test lab doing system and server administration (creating and configuring new VMs, anti-virus and patching) Well to kick off 2011 we decommissioned the lab and are moving it to a hosted area.
- Two new employees have been hired to replace me.
My job has been posted on Aramark.com (Sr. Systems Analyst — Application and Database Administrator-61942) please apply - and put me down as your reference! See the job description
- As of April 2011 there are 500 cash registers connecting to my central Point of Sale server, 485 sites implemented across four lines of business including Canada & International, 205 have ecommerce. The eCommerce sites had 204,660 orders for $20 million dollars between October 2010 and April 2011. There were 27 million pageviews, and 5 million visitors in 2009.