ICE HOCKEY WORKOUTS. HOCKEY CANADA COACH
Ice Hockey Workouts
- a game played on an ice rink by two opposing teams of six skaters each who try to knock a flat round puck into the opponents' goal with angled sticks
- Ice Hockey is an ice hockey video game designed by Activision programmer Alan Miller, and published by Activision.
- Ice hockey (hockey in countries where it is the most popular form of hockey) is a team sport played on ice, in which skaters use sticks to direct a puck into the opposing team's goal. It is a fast-paced physical sport.
- A fast contact sport played on an ice rink between two teams of six skaters, who attempt to drive a small rubber disk (the puck) into the opposing goal with hooked or angled sticks. It developed in Canada in the 19th century
- A session of vigorous physical exercise or training
- (workout) exercise: the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit; "the doctor recommended regular exercise"; "he did some exercising"; "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"
- Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health or wellness. It is performed for various reasons. These include strengthening muscles and the cardiovascular system, honing athletic skills, weight loss or maintenance and for enjoyment.
- (Workout (album)) Workout is an album by jazz tenor saxophonist Hank Mobley released on the Blue Note label in 1961. It features performances by Mobley, Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers, Grant Green and Philly Joe Jones.
ice hockey workouts - 52-Week Hockey
52-Week Hockey Training (52-Week Sport Training Series)
Anyone can play ice hockey by learning to perform the skills of the game...but you can only play at your peak performance if you get in shape. If you want the power to move quickly and the stamina for sustained hard skating, you must condition the muscles and cardiovascular system to build strength, power, and endurance. This book takes you to that peak level with a year-round physical conditioning plan specifically for hockey.
52-Week Hockey Training is a day-by-day conditioning program that will get your team in shape for more powerful skating and shooting. It's a complete schedule for hockey fitness. The book is coauthored by an exercise physiologist and a former professional ice hockey player with more than 25 years of coaching experience—including stints with the Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, and Ottawa Senators organizations. 52-Week Hockey Training teaches the essential components of fitness as they relate to improved hockey performance.
The 52-Week Hockey Training program is incredibly easy to implement. It gives you detailed workouts with specific exercises and drills, and it tells you exactly when to perform them. The book divides the calendar into four primary phases of training:
Each season reflects a change in priorities as the hockey year progresses. The easy-to-follow layout clearly presents the goals and emphases for each season, and it outlines daily on-ice and off-ice conditioning workouts for every season.
The book explains how to perform all of the drills and exercises included in the workouts, with detailed descriptions and 160 photos and illustrations to show the proper form and technique. You'll find drills and exercises designed to improve flexibility, muscle strength and endurance, aerobic endurance, speed, and power and quickness. An exercise directory at the back of the book makes it easy to find any of the exercises used in the book.
The book includes alternate exercises that you can use to add variety to your program, to work on specific weaknesses, to work out when ice is not available, or to take advantage of special equipment. It also lays out specific conditioning goals for players by position.
The 52-Week Hockey Training program has everything that high-performance athletes need to get in shape—and stay in shape—for top-level hockey. It's an all-in-one, ready-to-go, full-season training guide to get your players in peak form for the competitive season.
The puck stops .... here
The ice is gone but Hockey continues , this Brave even stops pucks with his face , three players where taking turns shooting at the net trying to score . Needless to say that he had quite a workout and was pretty good to , the timing on this photo in my opinion is like a once in a million shot ;)
This is taken from the very top of the arena. We were sitting at the bottom of the balcony. The stairs down were very steep. I felt like I was going to tumble all the way down to the ice, holding on to the railing for dear life. Walking back up was my workout for the day.
ice hockey workouts
Play tougher with a compression hockey short designed specifically for women. Featuring 7-inch inseam and low rise cut, this sturdy short is made of 4-way stretch Lycra® fabric that wicks moisture away from the skin. Neoprene support panels provide added compression and help muscles stay warm and fluid. Its internal X-FIT™ brief retention system keeps the pelvic protector close to the body while extra padding increases the comfort level and dramatically Reduces chafing. Velcro® tabs keep hockey socks attached securely in place.