Fundamentals is just what it says on the tin - a run-through of what happens in a tabletop roleplaying game, including basic information on running games and simple advice for everyone involved.
This is a compilation of the six situation-building tools that had their origins on the older versions of Amagi, reformatted into a single book-style PDF, with record sheets available together. Those situation-builders are:
- Long Knives is used to create situations for intrigue that the characters are tied to.
- Broken Places builds situations where a villain of some sort has taken over an organization.
- The Quest is used to generate adventures that will take the characters out on significant journeys
- Transgression is a generator for social movements and the resistance to those movements.
- Predator Souls is a means for making monster-hunting scenarios for your games.
- Nine Rooms is a method for setting up dungeons, the classical limited-space perilous situations.
This is a rules engine designed for use in fantasy roleplaying. The system for Ouroboros is light overall, with just enough crunch for tactical useand distictive subsystems. Features of the core mechanism:
- Resolution uses a small pool of d20s, attempting to score equal or under an attribute.
- It's very easy for the Guide to present interesting choices and complex situations as single rolls, by setting up the dangers and opportnities each roll provides - and for players to decide not just "IF they do well" but "HOW they do well" when stakes like that are played out.
- "Breath" is used as a means of tracking encumbrance and weariness, as stunt points, and for use in social action.
Tenocha is a setting for tabletop roleplaying; it is based on mesoamerica, babylonian, and polynesian components.
Hoard is a setting supplement for the Ouroboros Engine, set in the same world as Tenocha, in which the player characters are dragons.