This project is for a power supply. Here are the specs:
- LED 7-Segment display for displaying the output on the variable outputs. (2x 3digits)
- LEDs for showing the states of the relays. (5x 5mm Red LEDs)
- Buttons for switching the outputs on and off. (6 buttons)
- Potentiometers for setting the value of the variable outputs. (2x 10k pots)
- Serial connection with the possibility of controlling the supply from the computer.
- Arduino (AVR ATmega) for connecting...
- 1 MAX7219 (display controller)
- 2 MCP4131s (digital pots for the variable output)
- 6 Buttons (for controlling the relays)
- 1 FT232 (USB-to-Serial converter)
- Easy to build, without to much SMD parts and with easy to get parts.
Here is a block diagram of the supply: (the actual version doesn't use the 78xx or the LM3xxT, not the relays, it uses LM2576 instead)
(click for larger image)
As soon as I have a working prototype I will post more images, but for now I only have attached the actual eagle file and a img file from the first version.