Yellow Flower Petals. Gardenia Bridal Bouquets. Painting Flowers Oil.
Yellow Flower Petals
- (Yellow-flowered) The mock strawberry or "Gurbir", Potentilla indica (formerly Duchesnea indica), also called Indian strawberry or false strawberry, has foliage and fruit similar to true strawberry, though it is not in the genus Fragaria.
- (petal) part of the perianth that is usually brightly colored
- Each of the segments of the corolla of a flower, which are modified leaves and are typically colored
- A petal (from Ancient Greek petalon "leaf") is one member or part of the corolla of a flower. The corolla is the name for all of the petals of a flower.
- (petal) one of the component parts of the corolla of a flower, when this consists of separate parts, that is it is not fused. Petals are often brightly colored
Centered Yellow Flower, with Green
This image is the last of three in a row, all yellow flowers seen along the sidewalk in Seaport Village, a tourist area of downtown San Diego. When I looked at these flowers, I just did not see the detail in the center. This one, like the first of the three, has little green structures in the center. I am guessing that these open up to form more of the starburst layers of petals. And ID information on the three of these flower would be appreciated.
Lets give the butterflies a break, shall we? :-) The Butterfly Park at Bannerghatta is not only a place for butterfly lovers, but also has a wonderful collection of flowering plants.