Pictures of birthday cakes with flowers. Wedding floral arches
Pictures Of Birthday Cakes With Flowers
- (birthday cake) A cake made to celebrate and mark the anniversary of a person’s birth. Butter and sponge cakes are traditionally the cake of choice, with a buttercream frosting. Small lit candles are placed on top of the cake for the birthday person to blow out after making a wish.
- (birthday cake) decorated cake served at a birthday party
- Form a mental image of
- Describe (someone or something) in a certain way
- (picture) a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
- Represent (someone or something) in a photograph or picture
- (pictural) pictorial: pertaining to or consisting of pictures; "pictorial perspective"; "pictorial records"
- (picture) visualize: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- Induce (a plant) to produce flowers
- (flower) bloom: produce or yield flowers; "The cherry tree bloomed"
- (of a plant) Produce flowers; bloom
- Be in or reach an optimum stage of development; develop fully and richly
- (flower) a plant cultivated for its blooms or blossoms
- (flower) reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts
Dora the Explorer Cake
My niece Megan's Birthday Cake, Dora the Explorer's house. The idea was taken from the cover of a Dora colouring book. A chocolate sponge covered in fondant icing with a fondant and sugar paste Dora. The roof and steps are a home made giant bourbon biscuit coverd in fondant tiles held on with chocolate butter cream. There was a small ammount of structural raw spaghetti (but all easily removable before cake cutting). Most of the detail is painted. Dora and the flowers are of sugarpaste and fondant. On relfection I needed to - make more roof tiles (i ran out) -get the hair to stick better to Dora's head (a lot fell off before the picture was taken) - get a better brush for painting, hiding mistakes made them look different sizes. -Been even more ruthless trimming the sponges underneath to get a more regular cake. Feedback from more hardened cake decorators than I is appreciated. This is my most ambitious cake to date, I am quite a newbie at this.
Flower Garden Cake
This cake was for an 18th birthday. We were asked to create something pink and with flowers. This is the design we decided to use. It's an 8" vanilla cake and for each layer we colored the batter different colors. The bottom layer is blue and green, the middle layer is orange and yellow and the top layer is pink and purple. (Too bad I don't have a picture of the inside when it was cut!) Vanilla buttercream frosting. Fondant decorations. The mom LOVED the cake when she picked it up and said her daughter would be thrilled!