1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 can Rotel, diced chilis and tomatoes
1 c. black beans, rinsed and drained
4 oz. cream cheese
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 t. chili powder
25 jumbo pasta shells
1 c. salsa
1. In a large stockpot, fill with water and bring to a boil. Drop in jumbo shells and cook till al dente, or with a bite, do not over cook. Remove, rinse with cold water and set aside until ready to assemble.
2. In a large skillet or sauce pan cook the ground beef and onion together until meat is done and no longer pink, draining off any excess grease.
3. To the meat add in Rotel, black beans, cream cheese, 3 oz. cheddar cheese and chili powder. Stir to combine, until cheeses are melted.
4. Pour salsa into a large baking dish, 9x13.
5. Stuff cooked shells with meat mixture and place in the bottom of the baking dish.
6. Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese.
7. Bake, covered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
*If making as a freezer meal, omit topping with additional cheddar cheese until right before baking. Place shells in a freezer safe baking dish or foil baking dish. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and then foil. Label and date. Will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.