1 lb. spaghetti noodles
24 oz. spaghetti sauce
15 oz. canned diced tomatoes
1 lb. ground sausage
10 oz. box of thawed and drained, frozen spinach
1 T. onion flakes
2 t. garlic powder
1 T. Italian seasoning
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1 c. cottage cheese
1 c. mozzarella cheese
2 T. butter
1. In a sauce pan cook the ground sausage until no longer pink. Drain off the grease. Add in the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, thawed spinach, onion flakes, 1 t. garlic powder and half of the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and keep on a simmer.
2. In a small bowl combine the cottage cheese, egg, 1 t. garlic powder, Italian seasoning and the remaining parmesan cheese and set aside.
3. In a large stock pot boil the spaghetti noodles until al dente. Drain and combine with the butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. Spray a deep 8x8 baking dish or 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon enough of the sauce into the bottom of the pan to cover. Using tongs pull up some spaghetti, twisting to place into 9 servings in the dish.
6. Take the cottage cheese mixture and place evenly over the 9 servings.
7. Ladel on the remaining sauce and top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
*Also makes a great freezer meal! Cover with plastic wrap, then foil and keep frozen for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the fridge the day prior to baking.