Shady Grove Mandolin Tab - Endless Online Guitar Notes - Classical Guitar Scores.
Shady Grove Mandolin Tab
- Shady Grove is a 1969 album by Quicksilver Messenger Service.
- Shady Grove is the name of an acoustic album by Jerry Garcia and David Grisman. It was released on the Acoustic Disc record label in 1996. The album was produced by Garcia and Grisman for Dawg Productions.
- "Shady Grove" is an 18th-century folk song popular in the United States. It is a standard in the repertoires of folk, Celtic and bluegrass musicians. In most traditional versions, the melody is in a minor key. However, Bill Monroe's and some subsequent bluegrass versions use a major-key variation.
- A mandoline (, ) is a cooking utensil used for slicing and for cutting juliennes; with proper attachments, it can make crinkle-cuts. It consists of two parallel working surfaces, one of which can be adjusted in height.
- A musical instrument resembling a lute, having paired metal strings plucked with a plectrum. It is played with a characteristic tremolo on long sustained notes
- a stringed instrument related to the lute, usually played with a plectrum
- A mandolin (mandolino) is a musical instrument in the lute family (plucked, or strummed). It descends from the mandore, a soprano member of the lute family.
- yellow journalism: sensationalist journalism
- tab key: the key on a typewriter or a word processor that causes a tabulation
- A facility in a word-processing program, or a device on a typewriter, used for advancing to a sequence of set positions in tabular work
- check: the bill in a restaurant; "he asked the waiter for the check"
shady grove mandolin tab - Mel Bay
Mel Bay Shady Grove Mandolin Solos
This book presents transcriptions of David Grisman s solos and accompaniment patterns from the CD Shady Grove. The Shady Grove recording contains some wonderful performances of old-time American music by David Grisman and Jerry Garcia, two of American music s greatest players. It is a vibrant collection of wonderful traditional American songs, from a great variety of genres, played in a style closely based on their traditional sources. All of the solos can be played on the standard mandolin, including one written for mandola and one for banjolin (mandolin-banjo). These transcriptions will provide insight into the art of accompaniment mandolin playing as well as soloing. Performance notes by the transcriber are included.
Shady Grove was founded in the 1870's by some of the first settlers in this area. This place is way out in the country. We heard something that sounded like a monkey, but I'm guessing it was some kind of strange bird call. SOOC.
Shady Grove Dude Ranch
Shady Grove Dude Ranch, Lookout Mountain, Alabama, July 5, 2004
shady grove mandolin tab
Jerry Garcia, the lead guitarist, singer, and alleged leader of the Grateful Dead, became an icon of the 60s youth movement. It was well-known that Jerry was a huge fan, and probably considered himself a player, of old-time American music, from mountain fiddle and banjo music, to English ballads, to jug band music to bluegrass and blues, and more. On the "Shady Grove" recordings one can hear the deep commitment, respect, and love Jerry had for this traditional American music. He's very faithful to the original artists' music. That may be surprising if you expect more of an ego-driven "my version" approach from one the biggest rock stars ever. What you have here is a vibrant collection of wonderful traditional American songs, from a great variety of genres, played in a style closely based on their traditional sources. Of course within those parameters we hear wonderful and personal readings of the tunes from both Jerry and mandolinist David Grisman. Dix Bruce has carefully transcribed many of Jerry's solos from the album, trying to determine not just what he was playing but how he was playing it. Melodies, tablature, lyrics, and chords are included in arrangements designed to be playable on the guitar while presenting the melodies as closely as possible. Jerry's banjo solos are transcribed here for guitar.