Grand Hotel Moderne Lourdes - Hotel Belleclaire New York Reviews - Inn In Paris.
Grand Hotel Moderne Lourdes
- Grand Hotel is an album by Procol Harum, released in 1973.
- The Grand Hotel is a Victorian hotel in Brighton on the south coast of England. It is located on Kings Road, the main carriageway along the seafront; one of several major hotels along this road.
- The Grand Hotel, at 9 Princes Street, was the leading hotel of Auckland, New Zealand, from 1889 until 1966. With its vaulted ceilings, ornate mantlepieces, red carpet and marble statuary, the Grand Hotel was a plush and social rendezvous from its opening.
- Denoting an ultramodern style
- Architectural style distinct from Modernist, characterised by horizontal Streamlined styling, with bands, round corners, steel-framed glazing, or Jazz vertical styling with stepped skyscraper forms. Decoration (perhaps Art Deco) has crystalline, geometric or abstracted forms.
- Of or relating to a popularization of the art deco style marked by bright colors and geometric shapes
- of or relating to a popularization of art deco that used bright colors and rectangular shapes
- Lourdes is a commune in the Hautes-Pyrenees department in the Midi-Pyrenees region in south-western France.
- Lourdes and Maria de Lourdes are given names: Notable people bearing these names include: * Lourdes Alcorta, a Peruvian politician * Lourdes Becerra, a Spanish swimmer * Lourdes Benedicto, an American actress * Lourdes Castrillo Brillantes, a Filipino writer * Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon,
- A town in southwestern France, at the foot of the Pyrenees; pop. 17,000. It has been a major place of Roman Catholic pilgrimage since 1858 when a young peasant girl, Marie Bernarde Soubirous (St. Bernadette), claimed to have had a series of visions of the Virgin Mary
- Lourdes is a 2009 film directed by Jessica Hausner. It received the 2009 Vienna International Film Festival's Vienna Film Prize for best film.
My shoemaker has his abide here, a nice little road hidden between St. Lazare, the rue d'Amsterdam and the rue de Londres. His shop is named Cordonnerie Moderne, but there's nothing modern about it; my brogues get their soles attached by hand, with manual braids. When I was still working in the Rue de Londres, 50 meters from here, I used to have lunch with my collegues in the Chope St Lazare, the cafe next to the shoemaker. Gilbert, the patron of La Chope used to say that the shoemaker had a "mechant character, mais c'est un bon artisan". I don't fully agree, the guy is a bit strange, but nice and always recognizes me when I walk in. He's a very good artisan though, wouldn't dream of bringing my shoes elsewhere. ============================ Update 29/03/2009: He's gone. I went over a couple of days ago, with two pairs that needed fixing. The board above the door is still there, but the restaurant has expanded into the shop, and the cobbler has gone, with his interior and his machinery. He'll be missed. And I need a new shoemaker now.
Moderne Streamline - Front View
This house is located on Central Coast of California where there are a surprising number of moderne streamline homes, apartments, and businesses. This home is a one-story, 1050 sq foot home with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.
See also: discounts on hotel roomsboutique hotels casablancatropicana hotel dealsbooking hotel roomsluxury hotels in st maartentravel inn manhattandisneyland area hoteljeffrey dahmer ambassador hotelhotel le colombier colmarpalm oasis hotel