Special effects makeup artists. Make up for almond shaped eyes. Zombie make up tips.
Special Effects Makeup Artists
- Special Effects is a 1984 film directed by Larry Cohen. It stars Zoe Lund and Eric Bogosian.
- (special effect) an effect used to produce scenes that cannot be achieved by normal techniques (especially on film)
- The illusions used in the film, television, theater, or entertainment industries to simulate the imagined events in a story are traditionally called special effects (often abbreviated as SFX, SPFX, or simply FX).
- (MAKE-UP ARTIST) A person who specializes in applying and touching up a subject's make-up for photography sessions.
- A makeup artist is an artist whose medium is the human body, applying makeup and prosthetics for theatrical, television, film, fashion, magazines and other similar productions including all aspects of the modeling industry.
- (Makeup Artist) This is a person who applies makeup professionally to models and other people before they appear on television, in films or any other public platform..
special effects makeup artists - Paul Blaisdell,
Paul Blaisdell, Monster Maker: A Biography of the B Movie Makeup and Special Effects Artist
Paul Blaisdell was the man behind the monsters in such movies as The She Creature, Invasion of the Saucer Men, Not of This Earth, It! Terror from Beyond Space and many others. Working in primarily low-budget films, Blaisdell was forced to rely on greasepaint, guts and, most importantly, an unbounded imagination for his creations. From his inauspicious beginning through The Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow (1959), the construction of Blaisdell's monsters and the making of the movies in which they appeared are fully detailed here. Blaisdell's work in the early monster magazines of the 1960s is also covered.
Ohh Jess... My favorite makeup artist!
strobist: 46" softlighter with x1600 boomed above and over This is jess, she answered our ad about a makeup artist a long time ago for our zombie shoot. We met, she was awesome, and eats all the food that kritty can shove in front of her!
mockup - web
Business card mockup for my friend. :-D He's a special effects makeup artist that works around North Hollywood. The "polaroid" is of him making a Grinch!
special effects makeup artists
In the world of film and theatre, character transformation takes a lot of work, skill, and creativity. Dedicated solely to SFX, this book will show you tips and techniques from a seasoned SFX makeup artist with years of film, TV, and theatrical experience. Not only will this book take you through the many genres that need a special effects makeup artist, like horror, fantasy, and sci-fi, but it will also tell you about the tools you will need, how to maintain your toolkit, how to take care of the actor's skin, and how to airbrush properly when HD is involved.
The author shows you how to sculpt and mold your own makeup prosethetics, focusing on how human anatomy relates to sculpture to create the most realistic effects. Case studies feature some of today's top makeup artists including Neill Gorton, Christopher Tucker, Miles Teves, Jordu Schell, Mark Alfrey, Matthew Mungle, Christien Tinsely, Vittorio Sodano, and Mark Gabarino. Put your new techniques into practice right away and see how some of the looks from the book were achieved with the step-by-step tutorials on the must-have DVD.
* Written by a seasoned special effects make-up artist who has worked in both film and theatre
* Gives you exclusive tips and techniques from some of the industry's most gifted artists
* DVD tutorials show you step-by-step how to create the techniques from the book; also includes recipes to create makeup prosthetics, a list of suppliers, conversion charts, and bibliography