Alley Cat Project is working to reduce the over population of cats in Seattle mainly through altering unowned free roaming cats. We are a small, volunteer run registered charity filling a need in Seattle not addressed by any other group. We:
- Trap, Neuter (or spay), and Return (TNR) feral cats to their colonies. TNR is a humane solution to the problem of unowned free roaming cats.
- Friendly cats who were lost or abandoned are surrendered to the Seattle Animal Shelter so that they can be redeemed by an owner or adopted to a new family.
- Semi-friendly kittens and cats are socialized and adopted out as pets.
- All cats receive basic medical care, nutritious food, and safe and sanitary conditions to recover after alteration.
- We use either the Seattle Animal Shelter clinic or the Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Project (FCSNP) to alter cats Both provide spay and neuter for cats at low or no cost.
Follow our activities on our Facebook Page.
How We Can Help You
- If you have free roaming cats in your neighborhood we help with trapping, transporting, and altering them.
Contact us by Phone: 206-745-0243 or e-mail AlleyCatProject206@gmail.com
- If you are taking care of a lot of cats and can not afford to have them altered we can help with low cost or free spay/neuter.
How You Can Help Us
- We rely on people to identify unowned free roaming cats. If you know of such cats call us.
- Volunteer for us to trap, transport, house, foster, and socialize cats and kittens. We altered 137 cats in 2013. More volunteers will allow us to increase capacity.