Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies (from A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll)
(Source: Broma Bakery)
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter and then the egg. Add the vanilla.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Add this mixture the the butter mixture. Beat together until incorporated. Stir in the oats.
4. With a small cookies scoop, make cookie balls and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Press the cookies down slightly with your fingers. Bake for 8 minutes and allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
5. Beat together the filling ingredients until light and fluffy. Use this filling to sandwich between two peanut butter cookies.