Easy Skillet Vegetarian Lasagna (A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll)
1 ¼ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup diced mushrooms
1 small green pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1 26 ounce jarred marinara sauce (about 3 cups)
6-8 oven ready whole wheat lasagna noodles
1. Mix the ricotta, water, salt, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese together. Set this aside.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and zucchini together until tender.
3. Add 2 cups pasta sauce and reduce the heat to medium-low.
4. Top with 3 noodles, breaking to fill the edges. Spread the cheese mixture over the noodles.
5. Top with the remaining noodles over the cheese. Pour the remaining sauce over and spread.
6. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes, until the noodles are tender. Cool 5 minutes before serving.