“Substance abuse is one of the greatest threats to the health, well-being and future of our nation's children.”
It is important that students be informed about the risks involved with alcohol. Knowledge is the key to prevention.
Your task is to create a brochure that advocates against the use of alcohol. The brochure will be created in Microsoft Publisher. The brochure must contain the following:
Information that must be included in brochure to help advocate against the use of alcohol.
· Cover: title, picture, slogan, your name
· What Alcohol Does to Your Body: body parts (organs, etc) affected, long and short term effects
· Consequences of Use: moral, social, and legal consequences (specifically for underage drinking, BAC in Pennsylvania)
· Did you know: 5 Statistics about alcohol
· 5 did you know Myth’s & 5 Facts
· 4 reasons why young people drink
· Alcohol & Pregnancy, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
· What is alcoholism and 4 signs of alcoholism
Alcohol Brochure Rubric
Advocating Against the Use of Alcohol
TOTAL = out of 80