History of Hill Head

A post Card from about 1900 and somthing of Hill Head from the (area of) town hall car park
The Census records show a large number of people living there in the 19th Century.

In 2011 there are only nine adults and the first baby of this century. 

 
When originally built, they had an upstairs entrance from the west and a different property below with their entrance from east. About the turn of the last century most were conjoined with a ladder and the ground to the east was moved away and a retaining wall was built. This greatly reduced damp although these houses remain cool in the summer.


No1 & 7 has now been extended upwards with roof lights being fitted.