Alameda Free Library School Services Liaison
A review of the services and resources we provide:
- Library to Go Box: We can create a customized book box on a subject for your audience. These boxes contain 30 resources (books, DVDs, audio-books, etc) on any topic of your choosing located at Alameda Free Library-Main Branch. Requires a two-week lead time.
- Library tour or a classroom visit: the School Resource Service Liaison/ Librarian can visit your classroom to read a story on a topic of your choice, talk about new books, and or provide Library instruction. Library instruction introduces the students to the many resources and services the Library offers, including the Library's electronic resources such as the databases, web links, and catalog found on the Alameda Free Library's website with focus on the research of a particular topic. Requires a three-week lead time.
Educational events at the library: throughout the year the main library hosts various standards-based programs and special events for students to enhance classroom leaning for students of various ages. These are excellent fieldtrip opportunities....walk or take the bus.
Homework support for your students
- Homework Coaching: Free Homework help on all subjects for children in kindergarten thru 5th grade provided at the main branch by local high school students. This is in addition to the free online tutoring available through Alameda Free Library's website
- Research Guides: examples
- Website Annotations (Grades K-8): Let us create an annotated list of websites on a subject for your audience. Check the Toolbox tab on this web page for more information and to see if the library has already collected and annotated websites on your topic. Requires a two-week lead time.
- Pathfinder (click to see an example) (grades 3-8): Will your students be visiting the Alameda Free Library- Main Branch to do research? We can create a guide to starting public library research on a topic for your students. Requires a two-week lead time