Information Systems Laboratory
Information System Laboratory (ISL) was founded in 2016 as a part of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Ajou University. Our research focuses on algorithms for information processing, their mathematical analysis, and a broad range of applications. Core topics include information and coding theory, machine/deep learning, probabilistic graphical model, optimization, and wireless communications.
[Openings] There are 2~3 open positions for Ph.D./M.S. students and Post-doctoral researchers starting Fall 2018/Spring 2019. I am looking for students with a strong mathematical background (e.g., probability and linear algebra). Please see our recent publications and projects. Each student will be supported for full tuition and stipend. If you are interested in, please feel free to contact me.
[Openings] We are looking for undergraduate intern students who are interested in i) 6G wireless communications; ii) Machine/Deep learning; iii) Coding for memory; iv) Coded distributed computing. Each student will be supported for stipend and encouraged to participate in international conferences. If you are interested in, please feel free to contact me.
- [Sep. 2018] S.-N. Hong, I. Maric, D. Hui and G. Caire, "On the Achievable Rates of Virtual Full-Duplex Relay Channel," Accepted to IEEE Transactions on Information Theory.
- [Aug. 2018] S. Kim and S.-N. Hong, "On the Sphere Decoding for MU-MIMO Systems with One-bit ADCs: Hierarchical Clustering Forest," Accepted to IEEE GLOBECOM 2018 (Workshop for "Machine Learning For Communications")
- [Jul. 2018] S.-N. Hong and M.-O. Jeong, "An Efficient Construction of Rate-Compatible Punctured Polar (RCPP) Codes Using Hierarchical Puncturing," Accepted to IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- [Sep. 2018] Y.-S. Jeon, S.-N. Hong and N. Lee, "Soft-Output Methods for Sparse Millimeter Wave MIMO Systems with Low-Precision ADCs," submitted to IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- [Aug. 2018] J. Choi, N. Lee, S.-N. Hong and G. Caire, "Joint User-Scheduling, Power Allocation, and Precoding Design with Imperfect CSIT for Multi-Cell MU-MIMO Downlink Systems: A Principal Component Analysis Approach," submitted to IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- [Jul. 2018] S.-N. Hong and D. Hui, "On Puncturing of Finite-Length Polar Codes," submitted to IEEE Access (Advances in Channel Coding for 5G and Beyond).
- [Jul. 2018] Y. Cho and S.-N. Hong, "One-Bit Successive-Cancellation Soft-Output (OSS) Detector for Uplink MU-MIMO Systems with One-Bit ADCs," submitted to IEEE Access.