Lower Columbia/Willamette River Professional Chapter
The Lower Columbia/Willamette River Professional Chapter is based in the Portland, Oregon area.
To substantially increase the representation of American Indians and Alaskan Natives in science, technology, and math (STEM) studies and careers.
COVID-19 has affected us all. The LCWR chapter has partnered with the Puget sound chapter to raise money for donations for Navajo Nations elders.
Professional meetings are held on the second Wednesday every month at 12 pm, noon, PDT.
Portland State University
Fourth Avenue Building - Room 0012
Meeting Agenda - August 12, 2020
2. Treasurer's Report
- Summary report as of 6/10/20:
- AISES Savings: $152.70
- Dick French Scholarship Fund: $2,351.28
- Dick French Scholarship CD: $10,407.26 (as of 6/30/20)
3. Dick French Scholarship
- Application received and in review.
5. PSU Student Chapter Activities
6. OMSI Update
- Open question for everyone: how can OMSI work differently to support the native community?
7. Pow wows and table events
- All postponed
11. National Congress of American Indians - Annual Convention and Marketplace
- November 8 - 13, 2020 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, OR
- Herb Fricke suggested STEM event sponsorship from Chapter
- Update from Lydia & Bianca about Interview with Tim
- Check out links Don sent about videos from NAYA, Wisdom of the Elders, and Native Perspectives.
14. Other Items
15. Next meeting: September 9, 2020
President - Melissa Clah
Vice-President - Don Motanic firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Karen Graves Pyrch
Secretary - Don Motanic
Social Media - Lydia Doza