Decorative ceramic wall tiles. Beach home decor ideas. Best home decorating stores.
Decorative Ceramic Wall Tiles
- (Wall tile) Glazed tile with a body suitable for interior use. Usually non-vitreous, it is neither required nor expected to withstand excessive impact or be subject to freezing or thawing conditions.
- (Wall Tile) glazed tiles with that are designed for indoor use and are generally non-vitreous.
- (Wall Tile) This type of tile is rated for wall applications only. It is not recommended for floors or outdoor use in cold climates, because it does not have the strength and durability for foot traffic, nor is it frost resistant.
- Relating to decoration
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
- (decorativeness) an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- (decoratively) in a decorative manner; "used decoratively at Christmas"
- Pots and other articles made from clay hardened by heat
- The art of making such articles
- The material from which such articles are made
- (ceramics) the art of making and decorating pottery
- an artifact made of hard brittle material produced from nonmetallic minerals by firing at high temperatures
- of or relating to or made from a ceramic; "a ceramic dish"
Etsy Decorative Mountain Scene Wall Tile
This decorative ceramic raku wall tile is a sculptural mountain scene ready to hang on any wall. Inspired by my time spent in the Rocky Mountains while enjoying the closeness of the lush green meadows and snowy caps in July. This one of a kind sculptural "painting" features snowy mountains, a reliefed sun, white clouds, carved trees and a flowing river. Its scenery changes with the light of day and visually leaps out at you because of its ripped surface. Glazed in western style raku their is a slight copper metallic sheen to this piece. The bright red and yellow glaze of the sun is a drippy pool of vibrancy and the turquoise blue sky varies in intensity. Created in 2001 using a hand built slab this piece measures approximately 10" in length and 7" in width. There are two holes on the top edge for hanging.
Wall Tiles at the Reyner de Klerk House
These are some of the wall tiles found surrounding the floor on the ground level of Gedung Arsip Nasional (the former Reyner de Klerk House and former Indonesian National Archives Building). Most of the tiles seem to depict scenes from the Bible, although some seem to be more related to the Crusades. The Reyner de Klerk mansion was built in 1760. It was restored in the mid-1900's and is one of the few well-preserved buildings left from the Dutch colonial era. (201107020252s950010f)