August 13 Continuing Education
LEED Version 4- A Comparision of Changes
2 hours, 2 HSW credit given by Jessica Stanley of Spinnaker Group
At Plantation Building Services Conference Room
This course provides an overview of the proposed changes for the LEED Version 4 New Construction Rating System. We will focus on the substantive changes to give the participant a high level overview of the difference between LEED V3 and LEED V4.
1. Understand where we are in the transition process to LEED V4 and why the need for change
2. Explain and understand the new categories of LEED NC V4
3. Describe the new prerequisites in LEED
4. Understand the changes to the credits in LEED V4
5. Identify new sustainability strategies, reference standards and codes in the Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, Energy & Atmosphere, Materials & Resources, and Indoor Environmental Quality categories
Our Chapter has improved greatly over the past several years and is continuing to provide great services to our members. Thanks to the hard work of our past president Karen Warseck, AIA, working diligently to submit our application to Florida, we were recognized for outstanding achievement.
Congratulations to the entire Chapter Membership!!
The Fort Lauderdale Chapter of the American Institute of Architects promotes the profession of architecture and the goals of the AIA throughout Broward County.
AIA Fort Lauderdale strives to be the voice of our profession and to provide leadership in creating a responsible built environment.