Avon High School (AHS) Boosters
(1) Scholarship Opportunity:
AVON HIGH SCHOOL BOOSTERS
Awarding: Two $500.00 scholarships (non-renewable)
Attach: Ø Type a 2 to 3 page double-spaced response in Times New Roman font, size 12 to this question: Describe the impact of technology on your life and do the positives outweigh the negatives?
Note: Applicant name is to appear only the cover page. Deadline April 3, 2014 to Student Services at AHS.
CHECK OUT ATTACHMENT at the bottom of this page, 'COMMUNITY 2014,' FOR FURTHER INFORMATION or contact Student Services at AHS.
(2) Support Boosters and students
with a Market Day, Heinen's, or Giant Eagle purchase.
See below for ordering info so Avon High School benefits
from your purchase.
(3) Superintendent Mike Laub will be at our next meeting on Wed., March 19th at 7pm.
(4)Please join our efforts to recognize student progress and
achievement! Email to join and to receive information by email --
no dues required!
Our email address: email@example.com Please email if you would like to join or need further information.
Who can join? ALL Avon High School parents/guardians. (No dues required.)
Why do we exist? Because we are committed to educational excellence, AHS Boosters promote, support, and recognize achievement and improvement for students of all academic abilities at AHS.
What do we do? We raise funds for a variety of activities including:
· Eagle Effort Awards (local fast food or snack gift certificates) for student academic efforts (teacher nominated improvement award).
· Treats in the form of doughnut & milk reward day (for 9-12th graders) for academic achievement and improvement during the first three grading periods; gift certificates for JVS students.
· Sponsor a senior for the Washington D.C. trip (based on financial need).
· Senior Awards Night reception.
· Luncheon for Top Five Percent Seniors and National Honor Society Seniors.
· Two senior scholarships for college (based on essay response).
When do we meet? Our meetings for the 2013-14 school year will be held at Avon High School (Room 187B behind cafeteria's trophy case) on the following Wednesdays (from 7-8 pm):
·March 19, 2014
·April 16, 2014
·May 21, 2014
How do we raise funds? Our fundraisers include: