These cookies are thick, chewy and topped with a sprinkle of flaky Maldon sea salt. Make sure you have a glass of milk at the ready.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen
1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
2/3 cup of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup butterscotch chips
Maldon salt for sprinkling (or other coarse, flaky sea salt)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. In another smaller bowl, whisk flour and baking soda to combine. Add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Beat in oats and butterscotch chips until evenly combined.
4. Measure out rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of salt.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookie is lightly golden brown. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.