The mission of The Foundation is to promote and advance education, career development and leadership in finance and accounting, with the goal of guiding women to achieve success in their careers. If you have any questions about The
Foundation, please contact
The Foundation programs promote and advance education, career development and leadership in finance and accounting. Our goals are realistic and take both an external
and internal focus.
- Educational Advancement Programs: The Foundation, through their educational
advancement initiative, is seeking to partner with dynamic organizations and members to increase awareness and provide resources for women in the community to strengthen their skillset in various areas including: networking, leadership, entrepreneurship, finance management and career and personal development.
- Scholarships: Through our scholarship program, the Foundation supports the financial needs of students pursuing undergraduate, master's and doctorate degrees in finance and accounting. Our scholarships also help alleviate the financial constraints of obtaining a CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA or CVA certification; designations that the profession requires for advancement within the industry.
- Academic Scholarships:
- Undergraduate Scholarships - To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications due April 1, 2016)
- Master's Scholarships - For those attending an accredited College or University enrolled in a master's program and is pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications due April 1, 2016)
- AFWA Member Scholarships:
- Certification - To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA or CVA. Candidates are those who have passed all parts of the exam during the 24 months prior to October 1, 2015 and are eligible for certification. (Due October 1, 2015)
- CPAexcel Review - To provide registration for a CPAexcel CPA Review Course. (Due October 1, 2015)
- PhD Scholarship - To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting. (Due April 1, 2016 - login to the Members Portal to access the application from Member Resources).
- Other Scholarships:
- Diversity Undergraduate Scholarship: Sponsored by Ledgent - To support the costs of a Minority Student attending 3rd, 4th or 5th year towards an accounting or finance degree. Download the Application to learn more. (applications accepted annually each Fall)
- National Dues Reimbursement for Unemployed Members - To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National Membership Dues who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal. Applicants must have been a member of AFWA for a minimum of five consecutive years and actively involved with either local or national leadership. Download the Unemployed Member Scholarship Application.
Visit the Foundation's Scholarship website for more information. Academic scholarships are open to members and non-members.
Completed applications must be submitted to our chapter scholarship
director by March 1, 2016. Chapters may nominate only one candidate per
scholarship and only completed candidate submissions will be
These applications are available on the National AFWA website or
contact our chapter scholarship director. Members should submit
applications directly to
email@example.com. The chapter does not sponsor the applicant.