MODERN CHURCH DECOR. CHURCH DECOR

Modern Church Decor. Chicken Rooster Decor

Modern Church Decor


modern church decor
    modern church
  • Modern Church is a UK-based membership organisation that promotes liberal Christian theology.
    decor
  • The style of decoration of a room, building
  • The furnishing and decoration of a room
  • interior decoration: decoration consisting of the layout and furnishings of a livable interior
  • The decoration and scenery of a stage
  • Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment.

Church of the Sacred Heart, Prague
Church of the Sacred Heart, Prague
In his three main places of activity, Vienna, Prague and Ljubljana, Josef Plecnik realized his still outstanding body of work, which for the most part followed classical examples from antiquity, in his idiosyncratic architectural language. ARCHITECTURE IN THE RINGTURM presents the work of this internationally highly renowned Slovenian architect, which, with regard to its style, eludes traditional pigeonholing into the development of twentieth-century architecture. His assignment in the Muller furniture factory, where he worked as a designer and foreman upon the recommendation of his teacher Theyer in Graz, was Josef (Joze) Plecnik's (1872 – 1957) first contact with Vienna. In that period, he often drafted quite independent designs in the style of Historicism. With his exceptional drawings, he called on Otto Wagner and applied for a course of studies in architecture at the Academy of Fine Arts which he concluded with the Rome Prize 1888 (a one-year travelling state scholarship). After his return, he worked in Otto Wagner's studio for almost one year. During that time, the distinctively designed decors and stations for the "Stadtbahn" (Gumpendorferstra?e, Rossauerlande, among others) were created. Among Plecnik's internationally best known works originating from his first freelance period in Vienna between 1900 and 1911, there are Zacherl House, a company building with very elegant forms executed in marble and with steel pins (1903–05, Bauernmarkt, First District) and the Church of the Holy Spirit with its famous crypt (1910–13, Herbststra?e, Vienna-Ottakring). Conceived as a combined office and residential building, and intriguing with its terrific details of realization, which have been preserved without any substantial renovation work to the present day, Zacherl House was the biggest construction project of the factory owner Zacherl (beside his own villa and buildings for other family members). With its sculptural granite facade and the unique bronze figures (created by the sculptor Engelhardt), it is also one of very few large-size buildings of late Art Nouveau in downtown Vienna. Carried out in reinforced concrete and with a high-quality manual finish that purposely left the material visible, the Church of the Holy Spirit represents one of the earliest examples of the then new building material. The crypt, which Plecnik designed with a sophisticated precast concrete skeleton, is famous. Moreover, the Karl-Borromaus Fountain in Vienna-Landstra?e (1906–09), the Langer Apartment House at the Rechte Wienzeile (1901–02), the Villa Langer with its Art-Nouveau plaster facade (1900–01) and Weidmann House in Vienna-Hietzing (1902) are of importance. Another very early work, the Villa for the Notary Loos, is located in Melk on the Danube (1901). With recommendations by his friend Jan Kotera – another disciple of Wagner – Plecnik came to Prague in 1911 where he taught at the School of Arts and Crafts. In 1920 the Czechoslovakian President Tomas Masaryk assigned him to redesign the Prague Castle and make it the symbol for the newborn state. This task – his opus magnum in Prague – occupied Plecnik for fifteen years. There was probably nobody else in the Central European area who understood as clearly the symbolism of the mythological significance of renaissance and history; who due to his technical skills was able to integrate the new materials perfectly into the ancient structure and who could respond to the aura of the Castle District and the Lesser Side (Mala Strana) – designed to a large extent by Italian architects – with Mediterranean contemplativeness. Plecnik is the only non-Czech architect who was assigned a nationally sensitive building project after 1918, and with the Church of the Sacred Heart in the Vinohrady district of Prague (1928-32), he created one of Central Europe's most important religious buildings of the twentieth century. Inside the church, Plecnik's modern spirit reveals itself to the visitor: One can climb the church tower over a ramp that is congenial with Le Corbusier's oeuvre and look at the Castle and Plecnik's work through the glass clock-face and across Prague's Old Town.
NYC - Harlem: The Greater Refuge Temple
NYC - Harlem: The Greater Refuge Temple
Greater Refuge Temple, with a membership of 5000+ members, is the flagship of the COOLJC organization. With more than 700 churches worldwide on three continents and 33 countries; and with an estimated membership in the hundred-thousands, Greater Refuge Temple is not only "Mother Church" to COOLJC, but numerous other Apostolic organizations worldwide. The inception of the Greater Refuge Temple Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ was in the year 1919. Bishop Lawson, then Elder Lawson, was invited to a prayer meeting in a basement in the 40th Street area of New York City. His fame spread abroad and reached the ears of Mr. and Mrs. James Burleigh and Mr. and Mrs. Edward Anderson ,who opened their homes, affectionately referred to today as the "Cradle of Refuge," to Elder Lawson. The congregation grew quickly. Within a short period of time, approximately 200 members had been added to the church, necessitating larger quarters. Bishop Lawson purchased the site at 52-54-56 West 133rd Street and relocated his church, which he called the Refuge Church. As the work continued to grow, the quarters on 133rd Street became inadequate. Bishop Lawson relocated the church to the present site of 124th Street and 7th Avenue in August 1945. This edifice is known as the “Mother Church” (Headquarters) of the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In two short years, the indebtedness of the church was lifted, and on Christmas Day, 1947, the mortgage was burned. After the passing of Bishop Robert C.Lawson in 1961, Bishop William L. Bonner became the pastor of the Mother Church. Upon arriving, he set about the remodeling of Refuge Temple. The Mother Church, headquarters of the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, is now known as the Greater Refuge Temple. It has a total seating capacity of three thousand, with thirty-six conference and meeting rooms, fully furnished in modern decor.

modern church decor
Similar posts:
decoration ideas for thanksgiving
decorating ideas for coffee tables
decorated wedding tables
hawaiian birthday decorations
coffee themed decor
wall decoration design
discount home decor fabric
decorative fireplace doors
Comments