Zebra Decorated Rooms. Inexpensive Country Decor
Zebra Decorated Rooms
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- Denoting a stage of English Gothic church architecture typical of the 14th century (between Early English and Perpendicular), with increasing use of decoration and geometric, curvilinear, and reticulated tracery
- adorned: provided with something intended to increase its beauty or distinction
- Zebras are African equids best known for their distinctive black and white stripes. Their stripes come in different patterns unique to each individual. They are generally social animals and can be seen in small harems to large herds.
- "Zebra" is an album by Jack DeJohnette featuring trumpeter Lester Bowie recorded in 1985 for the video program titled "Tadayuki Naito/Zebra" and released on the MCA label in 1989. The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow states "The performances are moody and has its colorful moments
- A large butterfly with pale bold stripes on a dark background, in particular
- An African wild horse with black-and-white stripes and an erect mane
- A silvery-gold sea bream with vertical black stripes
- any of several fleet black-and-white striped African equines
- suite: apartment consisting of a series of connected rooms used as a living unit (as in a hotel)
- (room) board: live and take one's meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"
- A part or division of a building enclosed by walls, floor, and ceiling
- Space that can be occupied or where something can be done, esp. viewed in terms of whether there is enough
- Opportunity or scope for something to happen or be done, esp. without causing trouble or damage
- (room) an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling; "the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"
Colorful living room: Pink + turquoise + zebra print by decorator Joe Nye
Wowza. Normally I don't go for this kind of thing, but I find it hard to resist symmetry and fabulous color. (And pink, if I'm being honest.) Decorator Joe Nye was going for retro resort glam (give a holla for La Jolla!) in this L.A. living room. Curtain fabric is Scalamandre's Samba Stripe. The French Directoire daybed in the back left-hand corner is covered in Danby Aqua cotton by Robert Allen and welted in Lee Jofa's Crescendo Suede in rosetta. Its fuchsia and white pillows are Pali Garance, an iconic Manuel Canovas print. The turquoise chairs flanking the sofa are from Downtown; 1950s bar table is from Nick Metropolis; zebra stool is from Ames Ingham; pink and white Dhurrie rug is from Nathan Turner. Photo by John Coolidge, House Beautiful.
Contemporary Gothic Living Room
This black and white living room features fifteen floor to ceiling windows with Gothic touches and red accents. I had the ironwork custom made to recreate how the trees move in the wind, right outside the windows. If you look closely, you can also see my black and white platform shoe displayed under a bell jar by the lamp. There's certainly no shortage of drama here! -Design by Champagne Chic Interiors