Vehicle repair manual - Brake repairs cost - Repair windows xp system files
Vehicle Repair Manual
- A book which details the procedure for repairing one or more components of a vehicle. Compare Service manual.
- a medium for the expression or achievement of something; "his editorials provided a vehicle for his political views"; "a congregation is a vehicle of group identity"; "the play was just a vehicle to display her talents"
- A substance that facilitates the use of a drug, pigment, or other material mixed with it
- any substance that facilitates the use of a drug or pigment or other material that is mixed with it
- a conveyance that transports people or objects
- A thing used for transporting people or goods, esp. on land, such as a car, truck, or cart
- A thing used to express, embody, or fulfill something
Brand-new, freshly delivered Bristol LH buses parked at Bristol Omnibus Co's Central Repair Works, Lawrence Hill, Bristol. KHU 324P has no fleet number (it subsequently became no. 374) and has not yet been equipped with destination and route number blinds. It will not have been taxed or licenced for the road. The label in the nearside windscreen says KEEP OFF. The photograph was taken on Monday 5th January 1976; the bus entered service at Marlborough Street Depot on 1st February. Most drivers grumbled about these vehicles, usually citing engine noise and rough riding. I enjoyed both these aspects of the LH. Furthermore they were very lively performers and, bucking the trend, had manual, albeit synchromesh, gearboxes. By this time British Leyland had acquired a majority shareholding in Bristol Commercial Vehicles and the LH incorporated many Leyland parts, including the 0.400 engine. The bus was a fairly basic affair. The passenger accomodation was spartan and the plasticised tan-coloured seat-covering was especially uninviting. They were designed for seven years' service ...up to the time their recertification overhauls became due. In the normal run of things I doubt that BOC would have let them go after so short a life in revenue-earning service. In the event they were done for by the 1980 MAP market research project. Rural services, of the type these buses had been designed for, were axed in their thousands of route miles. Those services that remained were expected to carry increased loadings and operators suddenly wanted double-deckers. So the LHs tended to have even shorter lives than were expected of them. Quite a few found secondhand owners. I think this was one of a sizeable batch that was snapped up by Hants & Dorset. BOC's last LHs barely entered service before being withdrawn.
Classic 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT very dependable, good gas mileage, new tags, possible trade