Check Google Scholar for a complete list of Alexeenko Research Team publications. The selected publications below are arranged by topic.
RGD Computational Methods and Models
- A. Weaver, A. Venkattraman, and A. Alexeenko, “Effect of Intermolecular Potential on Compressible Couette Flow in Slip and Transitional Regimes”, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 26(10), article 107102, 18 pages, 2014.
- A. Venkattraman and A. A. Alexeenko, "Binary Scattering Model for Lennard-Jones Potential: Transport Coefficients and Collision Integrals for Non-equilibrium Gas Flow Simulations", Physics of Fluids, Vol. 24 (2), 027101, 2012.
- M. Kulakhmetov and A. Alexeenko, "Model Uncertainties in Simulations of Hypersonic Leading-Edge Flow", Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 49 (3), 461-473, 2012.
- A. Venkattraman and A. A. Alexeenko, “DSMC Modeling of Metal Vapor Flows in Application to Thin Film Deposition”, Vacuum, Vol. 86 (11), pp. 1748–1758, 2012.
- A. Alexeenko, M. Kulakhmetov, A. Weaver, M. Slipchenko, J. Mihaly, M. Adams, A. Rosakis, "Feasibility of Non-Equilibrium Hypersonic Flow Measurements in Small Particle Hypervelocity Impact Range", AIAA Paper 2012-0596, Proceedings of 50th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Nashville, TN, January 9-12, 2012, 15 pages.
- A. Venkattraman and A. Alexeenko, “DSMC Study of Effects of Thermal Non-Uniformities in Electron-Beam Physical Vapor Deposition”, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, Vol. 29 (4), Jul/Aug 2011, 041509, 10 pages.
- Chigullapalli, V. Ayyaswamy, M.S. Ivanov, and A.A. Alexeenko, "Entropy Considerations in Numerical Simulation of Non-Equilibrium Rarefied Flows”, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 229 (6), pp. 2139-2158, March 2010.
- A. Venkattraman, A. Alexeenko, “Visualizing Non-Equilibrium Flow Simulations using 3-D Velocity Distribution Functions”, AIP Conf. Proc., Vol. 1333, 27th International Symposium on Rarefied Gas Dynamics, held in Pacific Grove, CA on July 10-15, 2010, pp. 366-371, May 2011, doi:10.1063/1.3562676.
- D. Parkos, N. Raghunathan, A. Venkattraman, B. Sanborn, W. Chen, D. Peroulis, A. Alexeenko, “Near-Contact Damping and Dynamic Response of High-G MEMSAccelerometer Beams”, J. of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 22, pp. 1089-1099, May 2013.
- S. Chigullapalli, A. B. Weaver, A. A. Alexeenko, "Non-linear Effects in Squeeze-Film Gas Damping on Microbeams”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering,Vol. 22 (2012), article 065010, 7 pages.
- N. Raghunathan, B. Sanborn, A. Venkattraman, A. Alexeenko, W. Chen, D. Peroulis, "Real-Time In Situ Electronic Monitoring of Dynamic Contact Behavior of MEMS High-g Switches", Proceedings of International Conference on Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS 2012), January 29-February 1, 2012, Paris, France.
- J. Nabeth, S. Chigullapalli, A. Alexeenko, "Quantifying the Knudsen force on heated microbeams: A compact model and direct comparison with measurements", Physical Review E, Vol. 83, June 2011, 066306, 5 pages.
- A. Alexeenko, S. Chigullapalli, J. Zeng, X. Guo, A. Kovacs, D. Peroulis, "Uncertainty in Microscale Gas Damping: Implications on Dynamics of Capacitive MEMS Swtiches", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 96, No. 9, 2011, pp. 1171-1183.
- A. Garg, V. Ayyaswamy, A. Kovacs, A. Alexeenko, and D. Peroulis, "Direct Measurement of Field Emission Current in Static MEMS Structures", IEEE 24th International Conference on Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS 2011), January 23-27, 2011.
- D. Parkos, N. Raghunathan, V. Ayyaswamy, A. Alexeenko, D. Peroulis, "Near-Contact Damping Model and Dynamic Response of Microbeams under High-g Loads", IEEE 24th International Conference on Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS 2011), January 23-27, 2011.
- X. Guo, D. Singh, J. Murthy, A. A. Alexeenko, "Numerical Simulation of Gas-Phonon Coupling in Thermal Transpiration Flows," Physical Review E, Vol. 80, No. 4, 2009, pp. 046310.
- D. Singh, X. Guo, A. Alexeenko, J. Murthy, T. Fisher, "Modeling of Subcontinuum Thermal Transport across Semiconductor-Gas Interfaces", Journal of Applied Physics , Vol. 106, 024314 (2009).
- X. Guo and A. Alexeenko, "Compact Model of Squeeze-Film Damping based on Rarefied Flow Simulations", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 19, No. 4, April 2009, 045026.
- R. Bidkar, R. Tung, A. Alexeenko, H. Sumali, A. Raman, “Unified Theory of Gas Damping of Flexible Microcantilevers at Low Ambient Pressures,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 94, 163117 (2009).
- X. Guo, C. Huang, A. Alexeenko, J. Sullivan, Numerical and Experimental Study of Gas Flows in 2D and 3D Microchannels, J. Micromechanics Microengineering, Vol. 18, 025034.
- A. Ganguly, N. Varma, P. Sane, M. Pikal, R. Bogner, A. Alexeenko, “Spatial Variation of Pressure in the Lyophilization Product Chamber Part 1: Computational Modeling”, AAPS PharmSciTech, 2016.
- P. Sane, N. Varma, A. Ganguly, M. Pikal, A. Alexeenko, R. Bogner, “Spatial Variation of Pressure in the Lyophilization Product Chamber Part 2: Experimental Measurements and Implications for Scale-Up”, AAPS PharmSciTech, 2016. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1208/s12249-016-0513-3
- A. Ganguly, S.L. Nail and A. Alexeenko, “Experimental Determination of the Key Heat Transfer Mechanisms in PharmaceuticalFreeze Drying”, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 102, No. 5, pp. 1610-1625, 2013.
- A. Ganguly, A. Alexeenko, S. Kim, S. Schultz, “Freeze-Drying Simulation Framework CouplingProduct Attributes and Equipment Capability”, (invited article) European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Vol. 85, 223-235, 2013.
- A. Ganguly, S. L. Nail, and A. A. Alexeenko, “Rarefied Gas Dynamics Aspects of Pharmaceutical Freeze-Drying”, Vacuum, 86 (11), pp. 1739–1747, 2012.
- A. Ganguly and A. A. Alexeenko, “Modeling and Measurements of Water-Vapor Flow and Icing at Low Pressures with Application to Pharmaceutical Freeze-Drying”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 55 (21–22), pp. 5503–5513, 2012.
- A. Alexeenko, A. Ganguly, S. Nail, "Computational Analysis of Fluid Dynamics in Pharmaceutical Freeze-Drying", Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 98 (9), pp. 3483-3494, September 2009.
- A. Strongrich, W. O’Neill, A. Cofer, A. Alexeenko, “Experimental Measurements and Numerical Simulations of Knudsen Force on a Non-Uniformly Heated Beam”, Vacuum, Vol. 109, pp. 405-416, 2014.
- N. Selden, C. Ngalande, S. Gimelshein, E.P. Muntz, A. Alexeenko, A. Ketsdever, "Area and Edge Effects in Radiometric Forces", Physical Review E, Vol. 79, 041201 (2009).
- Y.-L. Han, E. P. Muntz, A. Alexeenko, M. Young, Experimental and Computational Studies of Temperature Gradient-Driven Molecular Transport in Gas Flows through Nano/Microscale Channels, Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, Vol. 11, pp. 151-175, 2007.
- Alexeenko, A.A., Gimelshein, S.F., Muntz, E.P., and Ketsdever, A.D., "Kinetic Modeling of Temperature Driven Flows in Short Microchannels", Int. J. of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 45, No. 11, pp. 1045-1051, Nov. 2006.
- S. Tholeti, M. Schneider, A. Alexeenko, “Kinetic Modeling of Evolution of 3 + 1:Resonance enhanced multiphoton ionization plasma in argon at low pressures", Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 21, 063507, 9 pages, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4882261
- A Semnani, A Venkattraman, AA Alexeenko, D Peroulis, "Frequency response of atmospheric pressure gas breakdown in micro/nanogaps", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 103 (6), article 063102.
- A. Semnani, A. Venkattraman, A. Alexeenko, and D. Peroulis, “Pre-breakdown evaluation ofgas discharge mechanisms in microgaps”, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 102, 174102, 4 pages, 2013.
- A. Venkattraman, A. Garg, D. Peroulis and A. A. Alexeenko, "Direct Measurements and Numerical Simulations of Gas Charging in Microelectromechanical System Capacitive Switches", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 100, 083503, 2012.
- L. Michalas, A. Garg, A. Venkattraman*, M. Koutsoureli, A. Alexeenko, D. Peroulis and G. Papaioannou, “A Study of Field Emission Process in ElectrostaticallyActuated MEMS Switches”, Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 52, No. 9-10, pp. 2267-2271, 2012.
- A. Venkattraman* and A. A. Alexeenko, “Scalinglaw for direct current field emission-driven microscale gas breakdown”, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 19, 123515, 11 pages, 2012.
Propulsion & Plumes
- W.F. Louisos, A.A. Alexeenko, D.L. Hitt, and A. Zilic, Design Considerations for Supersonic Micronozzles, Int. J. Manufacturing Research, 2008.
- Alexeenko, A.A., Fedosov, D.A., Gimelshein, S.F., Levin, D.A., and Collins, R.J., "Transient Heat Transfer and Gas Flow in a MEMS-Based Thruster", J. of MEMS, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 181-194, Feb. 2006.
- Alexeenko, A.A., Levin, D.A., Gimelshein, S.F., Collins R.J., and Markelov, G.N., ''Numerical Simulation of High-Temperature Gas Flows in a Millimeter-Scale Thruster'', J. Thermophys. Heat Trans., Vol. 16, No. 1, Jan.-March 2002, pp.10-16. PDF (253 KB).
- Gimelshein, S.F., Alexeenko A.A., and Levin, D.A., ''Modeling of the Interaction of a Side Jet with a Rarefied Atmosphere'', J. of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 39, No. 2, March 2002, pp. 168-176. PDF (1.01 MB)
- Alexeenko,A.A., Gimelshein, N.E., Levin, D.A., Collins, R.J., Rao R., Candler G.V., Gimelshein, S.F., Hong J.S., and Schilling T. ''Modeling of Flow and Radiation in the Atlas Plume'', J. Thermophys. Heat Trans., Vol. 16, No. 1, Jan.-March 2002, pp. 50-57. PDF (902 KB).
- Alexeenko, A.A., Collins, R.J., Gimelshein, S.F., Levin, D.A., and Reed B.D., ''Numerical Modeling of Axisymmetric and Three-Dimensional Flows in MEMS Nozzles'', AIAA Journal, Vol. 40, No. 5, May 2002, pp. 897-904. PDF (394 KB).
- Alexeenko, A.A., Gimelshein, S.F., Levin, D.A., Ketsdever, A.D., and Ivanov, M.S., ''Measurements and Simulation of Orifice Flow for Micropropulsion Testing'', J. of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 19, No. 4, July 2003, pp. 588-594. PDF (9.5 MB).
- Gimelshein, S.F, Levin, D.A., and Alexeeenko, A.A., ''Modeling of Chemically Reacting Flows from a Side Jet at High Altitudes", J. of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 41, No. 4, July-August 2004, pp. 582-591. PDF (1.95 MB).
- Alexeenko, A.A., Levin, D.A., Fedosov, D.A., and Gimelshein, S.F., Performance Analysis of Microthrusters Based on Coupled Thermal-Fluid Modeling and Simulation, J. of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 21, No. 1, Jan.-Feb. 2005, pp. 95-101. PDF (943 KB).
- Ketsdever, A.D., Clarbough, M., Gimelshein, S.F., and Alexeenko, A.A., ''Experimental and Numerical Determination of Micropropulsion Device Efficiencies at Low Reynolds Numbers'', J. of AIAA, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 633-641, 2005. PDF (3.2 MB).