Raw Sweet Potato Chips
2 medium Sweet Potatoes, washed and peeled
2 – 3 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Chipotle Chile Powder* (see below for more seasoning variations)
- After washing and peeling the sweet potatoes, set your mandoline to
the thinnest slicing option. Using the guard, slice the sweet potatoes
then place in a medium bowl (I have a Swissmar Borner Mandoline and I love it, it’s fairly inexpensive and super sharp…and YES, use the guard so your nickname doesn’t become nubby)
- Pour oil over potatoes and toss with your hands until all the potato slices are coated in oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with seasonings, toss again.
- Lay potato slices on the dehydrator screens and set temperature to 105 – 115° F.
- Allow to dehydrate for 12 – 18 hours, or until desired crispness is achieved (the amount of time you will need to dehydrate will also depend on how thick the potato slices are).
- Store in an airtight container.
- 1 Tbs. Herbes de Provence + 2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt + 1 – 2 tsp. Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 – 2 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 1 – 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon