Mayo-Free Chicken Salad (corn free, dairy/casein free, egg free, soy free, vinegar free, citrus free)
5 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts, baked or grilled (I’ve been grilling my chicken lately, using Stubb’s 100% All Natural Texas Roadhouse Wood Chips and the smokiness adds an additional layer of flavor that is wonderful).
1 cup Eden Organic Dried Montmorency Cherries
1/2 cup Scallions, diced
Macadamia Nut Dressing (see recipe below)
- Shred chicken breasts (or chop into cubes), place in a large bowl.
- Add macadamia nut dressing, toss to combine (I recommend adding
about half of the dressing, then taste to see if the salad is moist
enough for your tastes; I typically use 2/3 of the dressing).
- Add Dried Cherries and Scallions, toss to combine. Add more dressing if needed.
Macadamia Nut Dressing
1 cup Macadamia Nuts
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
2/3 cup. Olive Oil
- Add macadamia nuts, garlic cloves and salt to a blender* (see notes), blend until the nuts and garlic are finely chopped.
- Slowly add all of the olive oil and continue to blend until the sauce is completely smooth and velvety.
I’ve only made this in my Vitamix,
but it might work in a regular blender (or a food processor) too.
Just make sure to pulverize the nuts as much as possible. Mincing the
garlic beforehand, may also be helpful.
I make a TON of this salad and Mike and I each grab a bowl for lunch
on most days (we like it that much). It’s a great salad to make a large
batch of on Sundays, that way you can just grab some to pack in a
lunchbox or simply snack on (really, it’s addictive). I made a large
batch and took it to California with us back in February and it was an absolute godsend, since we couldn’t go to any restaurants.