5 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 cup chopped Onion
4 tablespoons Arrowroot
4 cups Dairy-Free Milk
1 Bay Leaf
1 1/2 tsp. Agave Nectar
1 1/2 teaspoons Celtic Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda (adding baking soda to the tomatoes keeps the milk from curdling)
3 cups Tomatoes, chopped (fresh or canned)
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until the onion is softened but not browned.
- Sprinkle the arrowroot over the olive oil/onion mixture and continue to stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, bay leaf, sugar, and salt and continue to cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Stir the baking soda into the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes to the milk, and bring just to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and put through a strainer.
- Taste and correct seasonings.