2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves, packed
1/3 cup Pine Nuts or Walnuts (or perhaps raw sunflower seeds for those who are tree nut-free?)
3 medium Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 and 1/2 tsp. fresh squeezed Lemon Juice (more or less, to taste)
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- In a food processor or blender, combine the basil leaves with the
nuts (or seeds), lemon juice and sea salt. Pulse a few times until
mixture is reduced in volume and the mixture is well incorporated.
- Add the garlic and pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the blender or
food processor is running, stop to scrap down the sides with a rubber
- Taste. Add more lemon juice and/or salt if needed.
- Serve with pasta, chicken, shrimp, scallops, grilled vegetables or even on gluten free bruschetta!