4 large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ thick circles
2/3 cup Brown Sugar **For Cane Sugar-Free: use an equal amount of coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
1/2 cup Orange Juice, preferably fresh squeezed
1 – 2 Oranges, sliced into rings
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Butter **For Casein/Dairy-Free: use your favorite vegan alternative, ghee, coconut oil or you can even make some homemade dairy/corn/soy-free butter
Miniature Marshmallows **For Corn-Free: make your own corn-free, egg-free marshmallows
- Boil sweet potato slices just until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar (or alternative), water and
orange juice, mix well to make an orange-flavored syrup, set aside.
- Squeeze some of the juice from the orange slices onto the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish, reserve the slices.
- Layer the sweet potato and orange slices in the baking dish. Top
with orange syrup, dot with butter and cover baking dish with aluminum
- Bake for 50 minutes then remove foil and top sweet potatoes with
miniature marshmallows. Return to oven, uncovered for about 10 minutes,
or until marshmallows are toasty brown.