Loading and handling
Proper materials handling procedures are a vital part of health and safety policy
We can supply and fit a range of ramps suitable for most vehicles and applications
- Heavy duty folding ramps: gas spring assisted for easy single handed opening and closing, fold to one side to maintain access when not in use.
- Lightweight aluminium ramps : easy to use and store
- Custom ramps in steel/non slip ply/aluminium tread plate
- Internal ramps : designed to allow vehicles to be carried inside a large van by making use of the full width of the van body above the wheel arches, ideal for transporting classic and racing cars
Fitting a rear step greatly improves access to the rear of a van and is an important safety feature. An additional benefit is that a full width step gives excellent protection the the rear of a van from bumps and scrapes caused by reversing or collisions with other vehicles, especially fork-lifts.
A simple steel butterfly step can be fitted to a new or existing tow bar or for more complete protection we offer a range of Safe-T-Bars which are available in four types
- Straight Protection Bar : a simple straight bar with non-slip top surface
- Recess Step : a full-width bar with a low level step in the middle
- Straight protection bar with tow hitch
- Delta Bar with towing : tow hitch and socket are recessed into the bar, protecting them from accidental damage
We also offer the Safe-T-Step which incorporates a deeper, full width step with a gas-spring assisted flap for access to tow hitch.
- Additional lashing points : can be fitted to the floor, bulkhead and sides of van
- Lashing rails : perforated steel strip provides closely spaced lashing points the full length of the van, can be fitted to floor or side.
- Floor rails : surface mounted or recessed, assists with the loading and securing of wheeled equipment
Electric and hand-operated winches are available in a range of load capacities for use in conjunction with ramps. These are securely bolted to the structure of the van using heavy-duty reinforcing plates.
Winches can be powered direct from the vehicle battery or an independent auxiliary power system.