Theatrical Makeup Tips - Covergirl Makeup Mirror.
Theatrical Makeup Tips
- In the performing arts, stage makeup is used by actors to assist in creating the appearance of the characters they portray.
- (tip) the extreme end of something; especially something pointed
- Predict as likely to win or achieve something
- (tip) gratuity: a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)
- Give (someone) a sum of money as a way of rewarding them for their services
- (tip) cause to tilt; "tip the screen upward"
theatrical makeup tips - Stage Makeup
Stage Makeup (9th Edition)
Widely referred to as the "bible of stage makeup," the timely revision of this classic text addresses principles and techniques in the use of makeup for the contemporary performer. This extensive exploration of the application and use of stage makeup, and makeup for a variety of performance venues, covers all aspects in detail and contains over 400 photographs, drawings, and diagrams demonstrating step-by-step procedures. Thoroughly updated and revised, this classic text remains accurate and comprehensive, providing information from which all readers - whether students to the field or seasoned, professional makeup artists - will benefit. For anyone involved in the Makeup of theatre, dance or stage productions.
Orange Blue Stripe
I've wanted to revisit self portraits and theatrical makeup that will POP. I've got the makeup and some pretty weird clothes in my wardrobe, but what I don't have is the equipment to make a self portrait easy. This time I hung my sheet of black velvet in the bathroom and set my tripod on the sink so I would be able to see my LCD in the mirror, which certainly made this run quicker. There were still some problems that I have to work around (and I still need time and patience) but I do believe this set was easier than the first.
Sarah P. as green fairy
Photo by Chris Sanders. Makeup is still trial and error for me. I think I used too many products on the face to turn her green, but I learned a lot from this. 3/22/09