Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get information about Financial Aid?
Check this out.

How can I see what classes you offer next term?  To see detailed information about courses, available seats, and location, go directly to the WebAdvisor link or the CampusCruiser link to access the WebAdvisor tab at  Select "Search for Sections."  It is not necessary to log in.  Hint:  Select the term then skip down and put the Course Number (and only the number) of the course you wish to locate.  For example, if you enter "210" and click "Submit," you will get a list of all courses that include 210 as part of the course name.  You can experiment with the search options to find mini-sessions, on-line courses, night classes, courses taught certain days of the week, etc.  If you wish to see a quick tutorial, click here.

Could you explain the different types of programs?

ASSOCIATE DEGREE PROGRAMS  are from 18 to 24 months in length. Degree programs are longer term with a focus on college level instruction. Along with the occupational courses, degree students are required to take English and math courses which are taught on the college level. The college transfer programs are intended to provide easy transfer of credits into four-year degree programs at various colleges and universities. Degree students have the option of seeking employment in their chosen field of study. Students enrolled in degree courses are interested in expanding their education to a higher level than that of a diploma or certificate program.

DIPLOMA PROGRAMS  vary in length, however, most diploma programs are at least one year in length. Diploma programs offer a more well-rounded education than certificate programs. Along with the occupational courses, students are required to take general education courses including English and math. Students enrolled in diploma courses are interested in longer-term training than certificate students, but less than college level. Diploma students have the option of seeking employment in their chosen field of study.

CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS  are those areas of study that are one year or less in length. Students who are awarded a certificate usually are interested in short-term training which meets a specific need. Certificate programs are designed for those students who wish to make a swift transition into the workforce.

Continuing Education courses (short-term, non-credit) are not curriculum credits and are managed by the Continuing Education department--sometimes referred to as Workforce Education.  (910-272-3603)  Some examples of Continuing Education courses are:  Motorcycle safety, real estate, and notary public training.

When do I register?  New students will register per the curriculum calendar as sorted by last name after new student orientation.

Who is my advisor?  Check "My Profile" in Campus/CruiserWebAdvisor.    If you don't have an advisor, see Ms. Patricia Locklear in Admissions. 
Who are my instructors?   See "My Class Schedule" after you log in CampusCruiser/WebAdvisor

How do I know which classes I need to take?  Work closely with your advisor and know the course requirements in your degree program.  See your RCC Catalog.  You will also find helpful information about mapping your progress in the Commencement Central and the Advising Central webpages.  See "Program Requirements" tabs for your Academic Department.

Can you tell me where to get my military transcript?
  Take a look at the information provided here.
Why do I have a student ID number?  RCC respects your privacy and the integrity of your personal data.  We recommend that you memorize your personal student identification number and use it on campus in lieu of your social security number.