Ministries‎ > ‎

Music Ministry: A History



1972
Dr. David and Jeanne Bartlett gave in memory of their parents, an Estey pump organ which has originally belonged to Old Ship Church in Hingham, Massachusetts (the oldest church in the U.S. in continuous service!).  The organ, which had been converted to electric, was installed at the back of the church which then became the choir loft and Jeanne Bartlett began her tenure as church organist.  Incidentally, that organ now serves a small church in Bowdoinham, Maine.

Existing pump organ (c. 1880 was donated to Eva Stansfield, former church organist.
1990Electric Howard Baldwin digital organ was donated in memory of Melva and Stanley Thwing by the Thwing family.
 1990Yamaha studio piano was donated in memory of Eva and Ernest Stansfield by Dr. and Mrs. Roger Stansfield.
 1991On August 11, the Thwing Memorial Organ and the Stansfield Memorial Piano were formally dedicated in a special evening worship service. 
 2003 A Yamaha digital clavinova was purchased with funds from the Arlene Whitehouse bequest.
 2014 19th century pump organ donated back to church by Hal Stansfield, grandson of former church organist, Eva Stansfield
Ċ
Seth Hurd,
Dec 30, 2013, 5:34 PM