MBA 289T Urban Economics with UrbanPlan
6:00 - 8:50 PM Wednesday
Real Estate Analysis Materials:
Review Materials for Real Estate (pdf download)
Review Materials for Real Estate Audio/Video Clips (.WMV):*
Present Value of a Lump Sum: PV = FV [1/(1+i)n
Present Value of an Annuity: PVA = A[(1-(1/(1+i)n ))/ i]
Future Value of an Annuity: FVA = A[((1+i)n -1))/ i]
Sinking Funds: SFP = FVA [ i / ((1+i)n -1))]
Mortgage Payments: PMT = PVA [ i / ((1 - (1/(1+i)n )))]
Let's create a class slide show. If you like, send a picture of yourself and a second photo of something of interest to you. Send pictures by e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Investment Problem Print Out with Notes (pdf file)
Investment Problem Video/Audio Clips:
General exam instructions
• Read the assigned text chapter and view any video clips posted on the class website as homework.
• Download the chapter notes (found on my website) and review the notes.
• Try the end of chapter problems.
• Download the answers to selected end of chapter problems (found on my website) and review your answers.
• Take notes during the video clips and rewrite/organize your notes afterwards.
• Read the text chapter a second time.
• Download and complete the chapter true/false questions and discussion questions.
• Make flashcards.
• Read your notes into a tape recorder (and playback).
• Take notes as you read the text.
• Combine (rewrite) your class notes and text notes into a single set of notes.
• Study several hours per day everyday (do not wait until the night before the exam).
• Study with a friend or small group (discuss terms and topics, try problems together, and quiz each other). You could meet virtually in Second Life!
• Do the case studies accompanying the text found on the student CD (not a requirement).
1) 10% compounded semi-annually (1.05^2 = 1.1025; 1.0238^4 = 1.0984)
1) ANN: 15 – 25,288.30 25-20,519.45 MO: 15-2,067.95 30-1614.72
1) a) 19,876.60 b) 1,903,479.15