3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon chives, finely diced
1/4 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely diced
Pinch of sea salt
1 tablespoon Gruyére, finely shredded
1. Beat large eggs, thoroughly.
2. Add chives, Italian parsley and sea salt. Beat until combined.
3. In a 6-inch pan, over medium heat, melt unsalted butter, swirling the butter in the pan. When the foam subsides, add the egg. With your fork, stir the eggs quickly, as you shake the pan with your other hand. This will give you uniform, small curds.
4. When the egg mixture begins to set, using your fork, flatten them in the pan. Cook for a minute or two, just so it cooks a bit longer.
5. Angle the pan downward, and using your fork, fold the top part of the omelet inward. If you're adding cheese, place it in the center. Fold in the bottom part inward. Cook for 30 more seconds and then invert on a plate. Serve right away!