1 12-ounce pizza dough (I used this recipe, halved!) Link: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html
Goat Cheese Alfredo sauce:
1 tablespoon of butter
4 teaspoons of flour
3/4 cup of half and half
1 oz. goat cheese
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2-3 heirloom tomatoes
3-4 slices of bacon, cooked
4 ounces of mozzarella (not water packed)
3-4 leaves of basil, thinly sliced
1. Prepare the pizza dough.
2. Pre-heat oven to 450F.
3. In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour in the half and half and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minutes, or until thickened. Take it off the heat and mix in the goat cheese and salt. Set aside.
4. Stretch (or roll) dough into circular shape. Add a thin layer of goat cheese sauce on its surface and bake for 10 minutes.
5. While that's baking slice up your tomatoes, bacon and mozzarella. And get ready. It's almost game time.
6. At the 10 minute mark, open the oven and carefully (it's hot!) arrange the tomatoes, bacon and mozzarella on the dough.
7. Bake for another 7-8 more minutes, or until dough is golden brown and cheese is melted.
8. Remove and top with thinly sliced basil and salt and pepper.
9. And then EAT. That step is obvious.