4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons sugar, divided
3 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
2 tablespoons half & half
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, combine the butter, flour, 4 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Pulse for about 5 seconds and until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the half-and-half and process until the dough forms a ball, about 10 seconds
3. On a lightly floured surface, using a heavily floured rolling pin, roll the dough roughly into a 13 by 7-inch rectangle that is 1/16-inch thick. With a pizza cutter wheel, trim off the sides into a 12 by 6-inch rectangle. Next, cut the dough into 1 by 1-inch squares.
4. Using the blunt end of a skewer make a hole in each cracker. This will make sure the cracker doesn't over puff when baking. Gently transfer the crackers (I needed to use a sharp knife to get them off the table) to a parchment lined baking sheet. The dough may sag or may break occasionally in the transfer, but don’t be concerned — just do your best.
5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar and mix. Liberally sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture all over the crackers.
6. Bake the crackers on the middle rack for 15 minutes, or until the ends are barely browned. Remove from the oven and set the baking sheet on a rack to cool.