2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs, divided
1 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon ground paprika
2 slices ham
1/2 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella
1. Place chicken thighs between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap. With a mallet or bottom of a small heavy pan, pound until the chicken is 1/4-inch in thickness. Repeat process with second piece of chicken.
2. Add the all-purpose flour to a plate; set aside. In a bowl, beat together 2 eggs with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. On a plate, toss the breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon of salt, crushed red pepper flakes and paprika.
3. Heat 1-inch of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over moderately high heat.
4. Lightly dust both sides of the chicken with flour, being sure to brush off any excess. Immediately dip into the egg mixture, allowing any excess egg to run off. Then transfer the chicken to the breadcrumbs, coating both sides evenly and pressing the bread crumbs into the chicken so they adhere. Repeat process with second piece of chicken.
5. Gently place the chicken in the hot oil, cooking on each side for about 2-3 minutes and until golden brown. Cook the second piece of chicken the same way and transfer both them to a baking sheet.
6. Using the same hot oil, fry up 2 eggs and set aside.
7. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham. Place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese atop both pieces and place under a broiler for 1-2 minutes, and until cheese is lightly browned. Gently transfer fried eggs to the top of the chicken and serve immediately.