Bounce House Repair

bounce house repair
    bounce house
  • Inflatable structures are structures made of a flexible outer membrane or fabric that is filled with gas, such as air or helium. The gas gives shape and strength to the structure.
  • Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
  • a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
  • Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
  • Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
  • restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
  • the act of putting something in working order again
bounce house repair - The Dead
The Dead Cat Bounce: A Home Repair is Homicide Mystery
The Dead Cat Bounce: A Home Repair is Homicide Mystery
dead cat bounce n. Stock market jargon for a small, temporary rise in a stock's trading price after a sharp drop.

Since she bought her rambling old fixer-upper of a house, Jacobia Tiptree has gotten used to finding things broken. But her latest problem isn't so easily repaired. Along with the rotting floor joists and sagging support beams, there's the little matter of the dead man in Jake's storeroom, an ice pick firmly planted in his cranium.

Not much happens in her tiny Maine town, but that's about to change. Jake's unknown guest turns out to be a world-famous corporate raider, local boy turned billionaire Threnody McIlwaine. When Jake's best friend, quiet and dependable Ellie White, readily confesses to the murder, cops and journalists swarm into snowbound Eastport.

Jake smells a cover-up, and begins poking into past history between McIlwaine and Ellie's family. But someone doesn't like nosy neighbors...and Jake's rustic refuge may become her final resting place.

This Old House meets Murder, She Wrote in this Sarah Graves mystery set on the coast of Maine. Jacobia Triptree, onetime financial advisor to the Mob, finds her quiet retreat shattered by the unwelcome discovery of a dead man in the Victorian pile she is in the midst of restoring. That he has an ice pick in his forehead only confirms her suspicion that the death was brought about by something other than natural causes. When her closest friend, Ellie, confesses to having done the deed, Jacobia is convinced she is lying and determines to save Ellie from herself by finding the real killer.
The victim turns out to be a local boy who'd done well enough to be featured in the pages of Fortune magazine. Ellie's ostensible reason for her uncharacteristic violence is that he bankrupted her parents. Between bouts of waterproofing the basement and replacing floor joists, Jacobia sets out to find a more believable motive and murderer.
The mystery itself is not that complicated, and as Jacobia digs deeper under her house and into the past, the truth eventually surfaces. Graves sufficiently amuses, however, with delightful characterizations of Jacobia's former connections and the local heroes who assist her in her projects of rescuing Ellie and putting her house together. Jake's asides regarding the stock market, as well as the details of home restoration, also provoke the occasional smile. Graves is at her best delineating the tension between the small town's good guys and the federal investigators (and tourists) from far away. A gentle read, despite the shadow of the Mafia, and entertaining enough for bedtime diversion. --K.A. Crouch

79% (6)
Reflections on a Common Orb-Weaving Spider
Reflections on a Common Orb-Weaving Spider
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 (backlogged) This was the day I went out driving and discovered a giant spider web attached to my driver’s side mirror. It was elaborate a complex, though small, and connected all the way across from the far side of the mirror to the window, connected to the top of the mirror casing as well as the door and the window. I did not see an owner of this web at first, and thought maybe it had been abandoned. Eventually, I saw the owner emerge from behind the mirror, between the back of the mirror and the plastic casing of the mirror. He was bigger that I had expected, and nasty looking. I am not phobic of spiders, but I sure don’t like them much. They bother me less than centipedes and roaches and jumping or flying insects, but they bother me more than unicorns and skittles, so I was not fond of my new neighbor on the road. I did not think much of the web until there came a point I needed to roll down my window (Dunkin’s drive-thru!). I destroyed some of the web by rolling down the window, and then used a straw wrapper to dismantle the remainder of the web, which had already been sprung out by the wind on the road. I figured that this spider had outstayed his welcome at that point, and was not safe on the road anyway, and that he’d politely find himself a new home if we made it back to the house safely. Wednesday, July 28, 2010 Morning has broken, and a new web has been built. Brand new, glistening in the sun. Again, attached to the window, which would become a problem if I needed to roll it down again. This time I could see him sitting on the side of the mirror. Again, just as the day before, I drove away, watched as his web became sprung out and huge holes were made. And also, I watched again as he raced out, while I was driving, to try and fix his web as it was being destroyed. It became kind of sad, actually. I thought, this little guy has no idea what happened yesterday, and what will happen every day he sticks around this mirror. He is so simple-minded, so dim, that he does not, cannot, learn. Instincts will help him in the moment, but he is ultimately unable to think long-term, big picture. This little guy will suffer a nasty spider death soon, likely at the hands of an oncoming car, that is, if he survives the fall after being blown away from his web at high speed. I have to admit, it’s hard to watch him when he goes out into the web. The wind is blowing the web around, it is falling apart, and he works. It’s hard to tell what he’s doing, but I have to think he’s trying to do something productive. Something will break loose, and he’ll find himself flopping around some, bouncing violently up and down. He can only curl up into a ball until my speed slows, and he might race back to the side, where he makes his home and is safe from the wind. When I see it, I clench and I hold tight, and I am tempted to slow down for him. It’s not easy to watch, even if you don’t care much for spiders. Thursday, July 29, 2010 Well, it appears I’ve sold this spider short. He’s tough, at least, and he’s a genius, at best, though I’m not jumping to conclusions that fast. The previous two days, I had only driven through town and city streets, where the speeds don’t exceed 40 mph. I had noticed the spider venture out onto the web a little more each time, as if he’s becoming more confident with each time he wanders out, gets shaken up, and makes it back into the safe haven of the mirror casing. However, what happened next was unprecedented. I still am amazed. I needed to take the Mass Turnpike downtown, where I was meeting Laurel and Edie for an evening at the ICA. I knew that this would be a challenge for my mirror-squatter. Sure enough, as soon as speeds reached 60, then 65, the web almost completely fell apart. I’m thinking, “ok, its gone- don’t bother even coming out to try and save it.” Nevertheless, out marches the spider, into the thick of the storm, to try and repair his web. What’s more is that he continued to stretch his limits, going further out into the web than ever before. I’m watching him closely as I drive, even staying in the slow lane and going slower than the rest of traffic. This was a thrill ride, and not in a good way. Then, as if on a suicide mission, he walked down below the mirror, where the web was attached to the door, and where there was no protection from the incoming onslaught of wind. That was it, I figured. I could hardly watch. That part of the web broke free, and I saw the spider, balled up, fly back and away. What happened next can only be explained by a miracle, or at least by the unbelievable instincts and skillz of a spider (of which I know nothing about). I shook my head in grief, and drove the next few miles thinking back about this spider that I had become familiar with in only a matter of days. I thought about the unfortunate life insects and spiders are doomed to live. I thought about my brief attachment to this creature. I thought about all of the hopi
Manistee North Pierhead Lighthouse
Manistee North Pierhead Lighthouse
Although the first sawmill had been established on the banks of the Manistee in 1841, settlement in the area was not widespread until the Chippewa relinquished their reservation by treaty in 1849, and the federal government offered lands along the Manistee for public sale. It did not take lumber interests long to realize the incredible potential of the Manistee which snaked a hundred miles into the forests, and lumbermen soon began lobbying for federal funding to improve the harbor and to erect a lighthouse at the river mouth. With no appropriation forthcoming, the businessmen of Manistee took the matter into their own hands, erecting a pair of short stub piers at the river mouth in an attempt to stem the deposition of sand and silt. Congress instructed the Army Corps of Engineers to dispatch an Engineer Officer to Manistee to conduct a survey of the river entrance. Water depth in the opening between the piers was found to be from seven to eight feet, and a 250-foot long sand bar with a water depth of less than five feet above it was identified 600 feet off the end of the piers. While the Engineer’s report indicated that harbor improvements at Manistee were both necessary and valid, nothing would be done until 1867 when appropriations were simultaneously approved for improvements to the river entrance and for the erection of a lighthouse to guide vessels into the new entry on its completion. A survey party was sent to Manistee in 1876 to select and survey a site on the north shore of the river mouth for the new lighthouse reservation. While the new Manistee Light was completed in 1870, a devastating fire swept though the area on October 6, 1871, completely destroying the to its foundation. Congress appropriated funds for the construction of a new lighthouse which was erected the following year. 1874 and 1875 were exceptionally busy years for Manistee, with 3,488, vessels entering the river between June 30, 1874, and June 30, 1875. To serve this burgeoning maritime commerce, the piers were extended an additional 150 feet in 1875, and the channel between them dredged to a minimum depth of ten feet. With the main light now standing a considerable distance to the rear of the pierheads, the decision was made to replace the shore light on the north bank with a pierhead beacon on the outer end of the longer south pier. Click to view enlarged image The new south pierhead light consisted of a timber-framed pyramidal beacon typical of the type being erected on pierheads throughout the Great Lakes. With its lower half open, the upper half immediately below the gallery was enclosed to provide a small service room for lamp maintenance. Equipped with windows, the service room also served as a sheltered area in which the keeper could stand watch during inclement weather. Standing 27 feet in height, the beacon was capped with a square gallery with iron handrails and an octagonal cast iron lantern installed at its center. The fixed red Fifth Order lens was removed from the main light and reinstalled in the new beacon, where its 35-foot focal plane afforded a range of visibility of 11 miles in clear weather. An elevated timber walkway lead from shore to a door in the service room, allowing the keepers to access the light in relative safety when storm-driven waves crashed across the surface of the pier. Keeper McKee rowed across the river to exhibit the new light on the night of October 15, 1875, and with the establishment of the new light, the main light was officially discontinued. While the main light no longer served as an aid to navigation, the structure continued to serve as the keeper’s dwelling, and thus the keeper was forced to row across the river numerous times during each day and night to tend the pierhead light. However, McKee’s inconvenience was short-lived, as he was removed from his position on October 26, 1875 and William King appointed as his replacement. With work continuing on the piers in 1879, the pierhead beacon was moved 156 feet to the revised end of the south pier, and the elevated walk extended to fill the resulting gap. The following year, the dwelling was thoroughly repaired, and a new well sunk to provide a supply of fresh drinking water for Keeper King and his family. Traffic in and out of the river continued to increase throughout the 1880’s. To better serve this traffic, Eleventh District Engineer Major Samuel M. Mansfield recommended an appropriation of $5,000 for the erection of a fog signal on the south pier to serve as a guide to mariners during thick or foggy weather in his report for 1888. Congress responded with the requested appropriation on March 2, 1889, and bids for furnishing the labor, construction materials and mechanical equipment were advertised and awarded that same year. The following spring, a work crew arrived at Manistee to undertake a number of improvements on the south pier. First, a tubular lantern was erected on a pole at the outer end of the newly extended south

bounce house repair
bounce house repair
Bounceland Inflatable Magic Bounce House Bouncer
--Spacious bounce house with castle top. Attractive bright color for parties. This bounce house will give your kids loads of fun for the whole year. Large pentagon shaped jumping area 80"x66", slide length 58"with extra slippery vinyl surface. Basketball hoop adds extra fun! --Recommended for ages 3 and up. Maximum weight: 300 lbs. Maximum kids inside at the same time: 3 Maximum individual weight: 100 lbs. --We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with our products. All of Bounceland's bounce houses come with a 90-day limited warranty*. Blowers come with a one-year limited warranty. -- Package Includes-13 ft x9 ft x8.5 ft height bounce house. Blower with GFCI plug 115V, 60Hz, 3.4A, 0.6 HP UL certified. Basketball Hoop. Ground stakes pack. Large carrying bag. Repair kit and instructions. * Toll free customer service: 1-866-528-5222, email: -- For Canadian Customer, we have low flat rate to Canada, please call us for inquiry.