What is AccuRaw EXR?
AccuRaw EXR is a raw image editor and developer that delivers unmatched resolution and control over how your images are processed. In addition, AccuRaw EXR implements a non-clipping workflow that supports the preservation of "greater than 1" highlights in EXR formats. Raw file formats from most camera manufacturers are supported, for example Nikon NEF files, Canon CR2 files, Leica DNG files, etc. AccuRaw EXR also provides state-of-the-art processing for Fuji X-Trans based cameras. A full list of supported cameras is on the Supported Cameras page
|AccuRaw EXR Features
- Completely linear floating point image processing
- macOS Sierra and Retina/Retina 5K display and Touch Bar compatible
- True EXR support - AccuRaw EXR implements a non-clipping workflow that supports the preservation of "greater than 1" highlights in EXR formats, so that full highlight recovery is available in post. Multiple EXR formats are available - RGB or RGBA, 16- or 32-bit floating point formats.
- Optimized for maximum resolution. AccuRaw EXR's demosaicing engine is optimized to deliver maximum resolution from your images - In his testing of an XF lens on a Fuji X-Pro 1, Sean Reid, of Reid Reviews said that "...it seems clear to me that the AccuRaw conversion does the best job of showing us the resolution levels this lens is capable of"
- Precise control over demosiacing. Most raw developers give you one choice about how your image is developed - soft images with no risk of artifacts. AccuRaw EXR allows you control over the internal operation of the demosaicing engine. Maximum resolution or maximum suppression of artifacts such as moire, or anywhere in-between. The choice is yours.
- Integrates with other other applications such as Lightroom and Aperture. AccuRaw EXR will work together with other applications to deliver a smooth, easy workflow that gives you the benefits of AccuRaw EXR's demosaicing and color management within whatever application you're most familiar with. See here for more.
- Accurate, calibrated color workflow. Color not the way the remember seeing it? Tired of "content aware processing" and "hue twists" taking decisions away from you? Want your starting point to be what the camera saw, not "enhanced colors"? AccuRaw EXR has a 100% accurate color workflow end to end, and lets you explicitly select whether or not to use tone curves, highlight preservation, etc, etc. And of course, AccuRaw EXR supports industry standard DCP (DNG camera profile) camera calibration files as produced by software from many vendors.
- Fits with your workflow. AccuRaw EXR doesn't try to take over your workflow. It just fits in. There are no catalogs to worry about; your files stay right where they are, and AccuRaw EXR never touches them. AccuRaw EXR just automatically remembers your edits. A powerful system of presets and batch processing make work efficient, and you can output to any of JPEG, TIFF, EXR or DNG for maximum compatibility with your choice of post processing and digital asset management tools.
Note: AccuRaw EXR doesn't do noise reduction or lens corrections - the image you get is the image your camera saw.
Raw conversion requires very substantial amounts of processing power and
memory. While AccuRaw EXR will run on laptops, performance is optimized for desktop systems. We strongly recommend the following minimum system
- OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later
- 4 GB memory minimum, 8GB recommended
- 128 MB graphics memory minimum, 512 MB graphics memory recommended