What is AccuRaw?
AccuRaw is a raw image editor and developer that delivers unmatched resolution and control over how your images are processed. Raw file formats from most camera manufacturers are supported, for example Nikon NEF files, Canon CR2 files, Leica DNG files, etc. AccuRaw also provides state-of-the-art processing for Fuji X-Trans based camera such as the X-Pro 1, X-E1 and X100s. A full list of supported cameras is on the Supported Cameras page
NEW: AccuRaw 2 is now available
. Version 2 of AccuRaw has much, much faster and more responsive controls.
- NEW: Touch Bar support
- macOS Sierra and Retina/Retina 5K display compatible
- Optimized for maximum resolution. AccuRaw's demosaicing engine is optimized to deliver maximum resolution from your images - In his testing of an XF lens on a Fuji X-Pro 1, Sean Reid, of Reid Reviews said that "...it seems clear to me that the AccuRaw conversion does the best job of showing us the resolution levels this lens is capable of"
- Precise control over demosiacing. Most raw developers give you one choice about how your image is developed - soft images with no risk of artifacts. AccuRaw allows you control over the internal operation of the demosaicing engine. Maximum resolution or maximum suppression of artifacts such as moire, or anywhere in-between. The choice is yours.
- Integrates with other other applications such as Lightroom and Aperture. AccuRaw will work together with other applications to deliver a smooth, easy workflow that gives you the benefits of AccuRaw's demosaicing and color management within whatever application you're most familiar with. See here for more.
- Accurate, calibrated color workflow. Color not the way the remember seeing it? Tired of "content aware processing" and "hue twists" taking decisions away from you? Want your starting point to be what the camera saw, not "Hollywood colors"? AccuRaw has a 100% accurate color workflow end to end, and lets you explicitly select whether or not to use tone curves, highlight preservation, etc, etc. And of course, AccuRaw supports industry standard DCP (DNG camera profile) camera calibration files as produced by software from many vendors.
- Fits with your workflow. AccuRaw doesn't try to take over your workflow. It just fits in. There are no catalogs to worry about; your files stay right where they are, and AccuRaw never touches them. AccuRaw just automatically remembers your edits. A powerful system of presets and batch processing make work efficient, and you can output to any of JPEG, TIFF or DNG for maximum compatibility with your choice of post processing and digital asset management tools.
Note: AccuRaw doesn't do noise reduction or lens corrections - the image you get is the image your camera saw.
Raw conversion requires very substantial amounts of processing power and
memory. While AccuRaw will run on laptops, performance is optimized for desktop systems. We strongly recommend the following minimum system
- OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later
- 4 GB memory minimum, 8GB recommended
- 128 MB graphics memory minimum, 512 MB graphics memory recommended