Grand Summit Resort Hotel Sunday River - Ambassador Hotel Kingston
Grand Summit Resort Hotel Sunday River
- resort: a hotel located in a resort area
- A hotel catering mainly to vacationers or tourists, providing more recreational services in a more aesthetically setting than other hotels
- A full service lodging establishment located in a place frequented by people for relaxation or recreation.
- Sunday River is a river in Oxford County, Maine in the United States. It is a tributary of the Androscoggin River, which flows east and south to join the Kennebec River in Merrymeeting Bay near the Atlantic Ocean.
- Sunday River is a ski resort located in Newry, Maine, in the United States. It is one of Maine's largest and most visited ski resorts. The resort features 132 trails across eight interconnected mountain peaks, and is serviced by a network of 16 lifts.
- The highest point of a hill or mountain
- The highest attainable level of achievement
- A meeting between heads of government
- acme: the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "
- peak: the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
- reach the summit (of a mountain); "They breasted the mountain"; "Many mountaineers go up Mt. Everest but not all summit"
- Magnificent and imposing in appearance, size, or style
- (of a person) Of high rank and with an appearance and manner appropriate to it
- thousand: the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- august: of or befitting a lord; "heir to a lordly fortune"; "of august lineage"
- Designed to impress through scale or splendor
- expansive: of behavior that is impressive and ambitious in scale or scope; "an expansive lifestyle"; "in the grand manner"; "collecting on a grand scale"; "heroic undertakings"
Sunday River Covered Bridge
The Sunday River covered bridge built in 1872, is named the Artists’ Covered Bridge because of its reputation as being the most photographed and painted of the venerable covered bridges in Maine. The bridge, an 87-foot Paddleford truss, was closed to traffic in 1958 when a new bridge was built downstream. It is located about four miles off Route 2 on the Sunday River Road outside of Bethel, Maine.
Sunday River Bridge
The Sunday River Bridge is also called the "Artist's Covered Bridge" because it claims the distinction of being the most often painted and photographed of the surviving covered bridges in Maine. I don't know if that claim is true or not, but it is a beautiful spot.
See also: sandcastle oceanfront resort hotel vala quinta inn and suites charleston riverviewhotels in california wine countrygrand hotel moderne lourdesphoenix motel san franciscohotel fortezza firenzeluxury accommodation devonthe houstonian hotelhotel veracruz sitgescarlton hotel reviews