ENCLOSED BLINDS FOR FRENCH DOORS - ENCLOSED BLINDS FOR

Enclosed Blinds For French Doors - Velvet Draperies.

Enclosed Blinds For French Doors


enclosed blinds for french doors
    french doors
  • (French Door) A style of door in which two panels open to provide a clear opening which is approximately twice as wide as one panel.
  • A door with glass panes throughout its length
  • A door is a moveable used to cover an opening. Doors are widely used and are found in walls or partitions of a building, vehicles, and furniture such as cupboards, cages, and containers.
  • (french door) a light door with transparent or glazed panels extending the full length
  • A French window
    enclosed
  • Fence in (common land) so as to make it private property
  • (enclose) insert: introduce; "Insert your ticket here"
  • closed in or surrounded or included within; "an enclosed porch"; "an enclosed yard"; "the enclosed check is to cover shipping and handling"
  • envelop: enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering; "Fog enveloped the house"
  • Surround or close off on all sides
  • Seclude (a religious order or other community) from the outside world
    blinds
  • window coverings, especially vertical blinds, wood blinds, roller blinds, pleated blinds
  • Deprive (someone) of understanding, judgment, or perception
  • The blinds are forced bets posted by players to the left of the dealer button in flop-style poker games. The number of blinds is usually two, but can be one or three.
  • Confuse or overawe someone with something difficult to understand
  • A window blind is a type of window covering which is made with slats of fabric, wood, plastic or metal that adjust by rotating from an open position to a closed position by allowing slats to overlap. A roller blind does not have slats but comprises a single piece of material.
  • Cause (someone) to be unable to see, permanently or temporarily
enclosed blinds for french doors - Quartet Enclosed
Quartet Enclosed Fabric Bulletin Board, 4 x 3 Feet, 2 Doors, Black Frame with Gray Fabric (2364L)
Quartet Enclosed Fabric Bulletin Board, 4 x 3 Feet, 2 Doors, Black Frame with Gray Fabric (2364L)
Plan, organize, collaborate, and share essential information and ideas with executive-style bulletin boards, whiteboards, calendar boards, easels, markers, art accessories and more from Quartet. Whatever your message, communicate with impact on the versatile Quartet Enclosed Fabric Bulletin Board. This stylish board is essential for powerful displays requiring a higher level of security. It is a sturdy aluminum cabinet with rounded corners, full-length hinges, and a contemporary graphite-finish frame which draws all eyes to important displays. The highly durable enclosed grey fabric bulletin board is backed by high-density fiberboard to secure documents with push pins. Two locking shatterproof doors display and protect information in employee lounges and other high-traffic areas. The self-healing surface eliminates unsightly pin holes and will not fade or crumble like traditional cork boards, even after years of use. You can easily mount the board to the wall with a specially designed security lock system. Each cabinet Includes 1 key per lock and is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Turn your thoughts into action and make a lasting impression with presentation, organizational and artist products and accessories from Quartet.

75% (10)
(Former) Colored School No. 3
(Former) Colored School No. 3
Williamsburg, Brooklyn The former Colored School No. 3 schoolhouse is a one-and-half story red brick building located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. Built in 1879-81, it was designed by architect Samuel B. Leonard, the Superintendent of Buildings and Repairs for the Brooklyn Board of Education from 1859 to 1879. The only known "colored" school building remaining in Brooklyn, it evokes that city's policy of race-based school segregation during much of the nineteenth century. Romanesque Revival in style, the school building has arched window openings and a prominent entrance with large keystones, a raised central section with a gable and blind arcade, corbelled brickwork, and dentil courses. The exterior of the building remains largely intact. Colored School No. 3 as an institution evolved from the town of Williamsburgh's original African Free School, which had been founded prior to 1841. The school was taken over by the Board of Education of the City of Brooklyn in 1855, when it was given the name "Colored School No. 3." It was renamed P.S. 69 in 1887, and was later absorbed by the school system of the City of New York after the consolidation of 1898. The Board of Education relinquished control of the building in 1934. In 1873, the state passed the Civil Rights Act, which was intended to end segregation in public life, but it was not uniformly enforced. The black community itself was divided over the implementation of the law as it pertained to education. The supporters of integration argued that separate schools were a humiliation to their race, while the segregationists contended that the colored schools were beneficial to black students and the black community. One concern of the latter group was the fate of the black principals and teachers who staffed the colored schools. These positions were among the few professions available for African-Americans, who were generally forced into low-paying, low-status jobs, regardless of their qualifications. It was feared that this career outlet for African-Americans and the function of these professionals as role models in the community would disappear. Partly as a consequence of this division within the black community, the Brooklyn Board did not act on integration, and the schoo! districts continued to bar black children from attending the regular public schools. In spite of numerous court challenges, the Brooklyn Board of Education remained firmly committed to its segregation policy, and with the support of some black parents, began to rebuild obsolete colored school buildings. The Colored School No. 3 schoolhouse was replaced by the existing structure in 1879, and as late as 1883, a year before the Board of Education changed its policy on segregation, a new building for Colored School No. 1 in Fort Greene was opened. The New York City Board of Education ignored the Civil Rights Act of 1873, but in 1878 adopted an incremental desegregation plan that would have closed the colored schools by 1883; the limit was later changed to 1889. However, provisions were not made for the transfer of black teachers and principals to the regular public schools upon their closing. Black citizens and the Teachers' Association protested, obtaining state legislation in 1883 that protected the jobs of the existing black teachers and prevented the dosing of the colored schools, while ordering that they admit pupils of all races. However, the Board only partially conformed to the law, and several of the colored schools continued to be segregated. Nevertheless, the legislation had the practical effect of gradually bringing about the end of officially segregated schools as the "changing patterns of black residency left most of the schools . . . poorly located for serving black families."'" In 1882, Seth Low, the new mayor of Brooklyn and a reformer, appointed the first African-American to the Board of Education, Philip A. White," who became chairman of the committee in charge of the colored schools.'* White, who opposed forced segregation, was instrumental in implementing a change the following year which decreed that no public school could exclude black students but that the colored schools would remain open to children whose parents chose these schools. White also abhorred the term "colored school," and in 1887, the three colored schools were finaliy renamed to conform with the numbering system of the other public schools, Nos. 67, 68, and 69. respectively. However, they continued to serve black students only and to be categorized by the Board of Education as colored schools.'^ By 1890, the number of black students attending Brooklyn's other public schools exceeded those in the "colored" schools. The first attempt to integrate one of the colored schools with an existing public school occurred in 1893, when P.S. 68, originally Colored School No. 2, was merged, after much debate, with the nearby P.S. 83 i
Hortus conclusus / Enclosed garden. Mechelen, ca.1520-1530
Hortus conclusus / Enclosed garden. Mechelen, ca.1520-1530
View also large ! The museum of the city of Mechelen (Schepenhuis) in Flanders, Belgium posesses a very rare and beautiful collection of "enclosed gardens" (in Dutch "besloten hofjes", in Latin "hortus conclusus") made by nuns in the first decades of the 16th century. It was a speciality of the nuns (Augustinessen - gasthuiszusters) and beguins of Mechelen to make such wealthy scenes in cabinets : late gothic, wooden and painted puppets (of Our Lady, or Christ, or saints and other figures), silk flowers, reliquaries, textile etc... The "hortus conclusus" is a symbol ot the mystical garden of paradise, it also stands for the "clausure" of a cloister, for virginity, for devotion to Christ. Nuns were "brides of Christ" (that's why they wear a veil, consider it as a brides' veil). This picture : a hortus conclusus/besloten hofje/enclosed garden with St Ursula (center), Elisabeth (on the left) and Catherine (on the right with a sword), made ca. 1520-1530.

enclosed blinds for french doors
Comments