World Junior Hockey Championships Team Canada : Upperdeck Hockey Cards.
World Junior Hockey Championships Team Canada
- Junior hockey is a catch-all term used to describe various levels of ice hockey competition for players generally between 16 and 20 years of age.
- (championship) backing: the act of providing approval and support; "his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives"
- A contest for the position of champion in a sport, often involving a series of games or matches
- The vigorous support or defense of someone or something
- (championship) the status of being a champion; "he held the title for two years"
- The position or title of the winner of such a contest
- (championship) a competition at which a champion is chosen
- The Canadian national ice hockey team is the ice hockey team representing Canada. The team is overseen by Hockey Canada, a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation, and participates in international competitions.
- Team Canada is a professional independent baseball team representing Canada. They play in the developmental Arizona Winter League, a short-season instructional winter league affiliated with the Golden Baseball League and will play in the International Division.
- Team Canada Mission in Canadian politics is a public-relations mission led by the Prime Minister of Canada, the Minister of International Trade along with the leaders of the provinces and territories of Canada.
- The earth, together with all of its countries, peoples, and natural features
- Denoting one of the most important or influential people or things of its class
- global: involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance"
- All of the people, societies, and institutions on the earth
- universe: everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
- people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
Mississauga, ON, January 6, 2008 - John Tavares, the Oshawa Generals' top scorer from Oakville, is one of the first to exit customs. Team Canada arrived at Pearson International Airport this weekend, after beating the Swedes to win gold at the World Junior Hockey Championships. Photo by Daniel Ho.
december 26, 2008 team canada after winning their first game at the 2009 world junior hockey championships!